Nissan Qashqai Facelift

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

Hello deltitnu.

I too wondered whether it would be possible to have the ProPILOT function installed at a later date with a firmware upgrade but I remembered seeing a video about the ProPILOT coming to the new Nissan LEAF.

It looks like there will be a separate button on the steering wheel, according to the video on YouTube.

I would imagine that more cameras, sensors and radars would have to be installed in the Qashaqai to work with the ProPILOT? :?:

ProPILOT Nissan LEAF.png

YouTube video on ProPILOT:
https://youtu.be/HxPgna_I7yQ
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

deltitnu wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:02 am ...

But then I learned today that the ProPilot feature is NOT going to be just a firmware update. So all new Qashqais sold from now and until the first quarter 2018 will not have or ever get the ProPilot feature. This is confirmed by the official Nissan support.

Seems weird ProPilot isn't going to be just a firmware update. So why would anyone buy the facelifted Qashqai this year? It won't be delivered until September anyway and then there are only a few months until the new version with ProPilot is arriving.

You'd buy a Tekna+ because you want a Tekna+.

It looks like ProPilot is going to be an expensive extra that I, for one, would find difficulty in justifying.

http://www.dicksonsofinverness.co.uk/ne ... etail.aspx

... an optional extra from just £1,500 ...

The introductory version of ProPILOT - Traffic Jam Pilot - will be on hand to control the Qashqai’s acceleration, braking and steering when in single lane traffic or whilst out on A roads. Nissan’s Senior Vice President of their European Technical Centre, Takashi Sharikawa, confirmed that the autonomous driving tech should cost in the region of £1,500 comparatively to it’s Japanese pricing at Nissan’s Futures event in Barcelona.

Nissan have scheduled the second and third iterations of the driverless technology system - Highway Pilot and Intercity Pilot - will be available in 2018 and 2020 respectively. Highway Pilot will introduce the ability to autonomously switch lanes and overtake on motorways whilst Intercity Pilot will allow a vehicle to drive autonomously within city surroundings.

... and won't that be even more expensive?

Sharkawa also confirmed that the technology wouldn’t be made to be upgradeable due to the fact they are built with different software. He was quoted as saying, “The second and third generations will use different kinds of sensors. The ProPILOT One uses cameras to identify traffic ahead of vehicles, there may be a software in the future, but these cameras cannot allow for more advanced autonomy like overtaking on motorways. Our product is quite different from Tesla’s. Tesla is [more] premium priced.” Shirakawa said.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Mark21Qashqai18

Post by Mark21Qashqai18 »

Here in Malta we haven't got any prices yet and the demonstrators are supposed to arrive last week of August. Looking forward to order a black tekna +

Post by alter »

Hi Dave. I thought the water sprays for the LED lights were something already listed as standard from the J11 2014 tekna version. In mine, they work together with the windshield washer. Am I missing something or misunderstanding the comment you made for the J11B spray washers?
Cheers
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 4x4 gunmetal
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I don't think any UK models got headlight washers. My 2014 Tekna didn't.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Nor mine.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Alter, you must be one of the Lucky ones as our German LH Tekna J11A does not have these Water Jet Sprays exactly as Steve & Gel have mentioned for the U.K. This looks like another one of these Nissan Country Specs as Russia have these on the their J11A model, see attachment ! What country are you in ? - Dave :)

IMG_3949.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

OK, this addition looks to be Eastern Country related this one is from Lettland / Latvia and probably produced in the Russian Facility in St. Petersburg - Dave :)

IMG_3951.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Post by alter »

Hi Dave. I'm in Norway. Not so far from you guys. In fact, the water sprays were not mentioned on the brochures either.

Post by alter »

Here it is

2017-07-26 09.49.44.jpg