Nissan Qashqai Facelift

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Alter, thanks for your reply. Perhaps the new J11B will have these installed and new owners could get lucky or as mentioned before these QQ's are the Show / Demonstration Models, we will see - Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

ellie
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by ellie »

Hoping to get the new QQ later on this year but I'm not sure that I want to go with the Pro Pilot, as it looks as if there will be quite a premium to pay (and not sure that I'd feel completely safe on the motorway) I want an automatic and don't need a diesel, so unfortunately that narrows it down to a 1.2 litre. Is this powerful enough? I'm also wondering which trim level - do I need park assist? I'd like to know what people think about this feature
I rather like leather seats and I do like the panoramic roof!!
So many questions, but do people have any thoughts? I'd appreciate some suggestions ....
Ellie
67 reg QQ 1.2 auto Tekna in Gunmetal Grey 18” wheels
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Ellie, from what I know from our Dealer here and I believe from the Press the ProPILOT will not be available until 2018 so you should be OK. I think that once you have driven one "Hands Off" with your hands near the wheel you will have more confidence. This is exactly the same decision we had to make, the wife asked for a quotation for a 1,6L Auto but there is not one only the 1,2L. We have a Manual 1,2L and whatever you think about undersized engines I find this motor a Gem with the Turbo, it is quick enough, quite and comfortable but you should take into consideration Hills. We found recently that we had to use the Gearbox a lot for hilly areas but it coped. Leather Seats are nice to have, Park Assist has been used once in 3 years other drivers have no patient waiting behind well here at least possibly in the U.K. it is possibly better. The Panoramic Roof is a nice option it does not open (for air) but it gives a nice Airy effect inside, but it needs closing when extremely hot or you will melt, if you need to lose wait then leave it open 😂. I hope these comments help and am sure other members have different comments so be it - Dave :)

IMG_0791.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Passed the Nissan dealer on Saturday and saw 2 J11B outside. Looked like tekna plus from the wheels and press shots. Front looked different enough to notice. Rear looked like the old one. Good to see they are out in the world at last
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
ellie

Post by ellie »

Thank you Dave, for your detailed reply (I expected no less!) I should think that the smaller engine will be enough for me as most of my driving is around London, with the odd holiday trip further afield .....as for the park assist, it might possibly be useful until I get more used to the length of the QQ as opposed to my current Golf.
Saw a Chestnut Bronze model at the dealer, roped off and waiting to be collected - thought it made a nice change from the blue one which is being promoted everywhere! I rather fancy the Gunmetal though (but must admit your white one looks superb)
Cheers, Ellie
Mad Maru
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mad Maru »

Ellie, if you get the gunmetal please check the colour match as I avoided getting one as the examples I viewed had mismatched paintwork across many different panels which in a new car imho is unacceptable. Lucky for me my best m8 is a bodyshop repairer and points out such things I would miss due to wanting the car etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I personally prefer the styling of the current model. You should get one at a much lower price with the intro of the new model.
1.5 diesel or 1.2 petrol, they're both great. Dont be put off the diesel if you are low mileage as the QQ has effectively overcome dpf issues.
Depending on the model you go for, parking sensors and all round cameras are good, emergency braking works, pano roof and sun shade is fantastic, heated seats are toasty, climate control very good (some earlier models did have problems that have been sorted), sound system is more than adequate, kerb vision and rear vision is restricted but thats where the cameras help out.
Auto parking does work but takes its time out in the real world.
Would I swap my J11a for the newer J11b?, no I wouldnt, I personally dont think its been improved enough. Stick with the J11a and bag yourself a bargain.
ellie

Post by ellie »

Many thanks for your advice - I would certainly go for the current model for the chance of a good discount, but I will get a discount anyway, due to family member working for Nissan! The more I look at Park Assist the more I wonder how often I would use it, as the cameras should make parking in awkward places much easier anyway.
Lots of decisions to make, but enjoyable nevertheless!
Mark21Qashqai18

Post by Mark21Qashqai18 »

Hi guys how much will the prices be in your respective country be for the tekna + 1.2 petrol. Today we got the price list for Malta and it will be €29500
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just a few more answers as I was at our Dealers today - Dave ;)

Gel, I looked at several QQ J11B's today and all had the Washer Jets, but I must admit I did not check all the Types, so they could be Tekna and + models.
Hound, I asked regarding the Blinkers / DRL's and was told the DRL's go out when indicating but again not sure if it is all models.
There are still no Brochures available here but the QQ's are on the Forecourt with prices.