Which qashqai?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Ada63m

Post by Ada63m »

Evening all,

My apologies for a lengthy topic and if youve heard it all before.... Anyway, my name is Adam, Im 31 years old and Im currently looking for a new family car. Long story short, my wife and I have decided to go for the qashqai over a cmax purely for its looks. Although cmax seems slightly more practical - but no comparrison with looks.

We are looking to spend between 6 to 7.5k for a 2010 onwards facelift qashqai. Been looking at acenta models as the basic equipment seem very generous. Considering our current family car is a 2006 astra club. With not even a trip computer or aux in.

I have been doing research on common faults etc. And was horrified to read about old threads regarding the dci engine timing belts snapping at such low mileages. With that in mind and the goverment starting to penalise diesel owners i have opted to look at getting a 1.6 petrol. I have read these are slightly under powered, but as my current astra is 1 second slower 0-60 than a 1.6 qashqai then i dont think this will be an issue as is quicker.

Being long term qashqai owners I was wondering what your honest views of the car are and whether you have any advice or tips?

Very much apprecitated and thank you in advance!

Ada63m

Post by Ada63m »

Apologies as posted in wrong section. Meants for j10. Thanks