Recall notice today

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

I would get in touch with the Nissan dealer you bought the Qashqai from. They may have already attended to all the recall notices? If not, they should be able to advise you over the telephone if there's any outstanding remedial action required.
chrisw99 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:35 am How do Nissan know where to send these letters? I bought mine secondhand from a Nissan main dealer mid-march. I have yet to receive my V5C from the DVLA. If they have been going out this week, could it have gone to the previous owner and therefore I've missed the boat and will never get another?
Would it come up at the next service automatically?

(Is there a way to simply look and see if the brake hose is coming into contact with the wheel arch protector myself ?)
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I actually contacted NCS in Germany on the subject of "Recalls" and was told that here because Vehicles are sold on they have to notify the KBA (DVLA) as all Vehicles are registered through them whether new or trade-ins. I suppose in some respects this does make sense otherwise only the original owners would be notified by Nissan. They did actually check our QQ for the Recall also :) - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

The problem with this kind of stuff is it only works if Nissan dealers do their stuff properly, and as we all know they never do. As it's been a few weeks, I chased up with the DVLA about my V5C, and although they did get the new keeper form from Nissan, they had failed to put my address on properly so DVLA didn't know where to send it.

I'm sure if I'd sped past a speeding camera or run a red light they'd soon locate me no problem.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T