Stop/Start fault... new battery, still faulty

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
itsamyboo

Post by itsamyboo »

Hi all - recently had problems with my 2014 Qashqai that I purchased in Feb of this year. It is a key ignition and had been getting the stop/start fault alert (see photo below) and a few other weird electrical issues (radio/music not turning on etc). It went in for diagnostics last Thursday and they replaced the battery and informed me that I'd need a new radio which they have ordered for me. All was well until today, the stop/start fault has started again. Even when I switch on/off it still shows the fault. Brand new battery and still happening? Anyone else experienced this/have any solution?

IMG_3614.JPG

CJS

Post by CJS »

Had the initial problem but a new battery solved it. Did not have the radio problem. Maybe the new battery is fautly?
Qashqai J11 1.6D Tekna automatic
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Battery needs a good charge; in cold snaps battery voltage gets pulled down. Give it a good run and it disappears, at least on mine. You should try & correct your photo orientation :)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
TheStig

Post by TheStig »

Had the same issue on mine, which got solved with a new battery. Its been about 3 weeks so far on the new battery and the fault has not manifested yet. Also, may be worth to have the car firmly positioned on its wheels. Currently, looks like it has overturned :)
65 plate 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
itsamyboo

Post by itsamyboo »

oh jeez :lol: yes, it does tend to run better when on four wheels :P it's gone in for diagnostics again today so we'll see what they reckon!
itsamyboo

Post by itsamyboo »

Update for anyone interested :lol: apparently the whole wiring system in the car is broken as it's been chafing against another part of the car and some cables have broken hence the radio/music fault and other electrical issues! Got to have the whole wiring system redone in a couple of weeks - thank god it's in warranty!
frootie-baby

Post by frootie-baby »

I picked up my (new to me!) '14 plate qashqai (1.2 petrol tekna) 4 weeks ago. It wouldn't start this morning - just makes an eletrical clicking noise and something sounds like it's trying to activate (- the auto handbrake perhaps?), and there's an auto start error type message is on screen with engine maintenance light on. Couldn't believe it - only had it 4 weeks to the day! Good job it's under Nissan's extended warranty, but what an inconvenience! Hoping RAC (warranty cover) can sort it at home, but I have a feeling it'll need to go to the dealership. Is this sounding the same as you had please? Really hoping it's not going to take long to fix
1.2 petrol Tekna, Ink blue '14 plate :)
TheStig

Post by TheStig »

frootie-baby wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 1:40 pm I picked up my (new to me!) '14 plate qashqai (1.2 petrol tekna) 4 weeks ago. It wouldn't start this morning - just makes an eletrical clicking noise and something sounds like it's trying to activate (- the auto handbrake perhaps?), and there's an auto start error type message is on screen with engine maintenance light on. Couldn't believe it - only had it 4 weeks to the day! Good job it's under Nissan's extended warranty, but what an inconvenience! Hoping RAC (warranty cover) can sort it at home, but I have a feeling it'll need to go to the dealership. Is this sounding the same as you had please? Really hoping it's not going to take long to fix
Yes, the clicking sound is battery related. I had the same issue on mine. RAC will be able to diagnose and confirm the battery is faulty and needs replacing
65 plate 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
frootie-baby

Post by frootie-baby »

TheStig wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 1:44 pm
frootie-baby wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 1:40 pm I picked up my (new to me!) '14 plate qashqai (1.2 petrol tekna) 4 weeks ago. It wouldn't start this morning - just makes an eletrical clicking noise and something sounds like it's trying to activate (- the auto handbrake perhaps?), and there's an auto start error type message is on screen with engine maintenance light on. Couldn't believe it - only had it 4 weeks to the day! Good job it's under Nissan's extended warranty, but what an inconvenience! Hoping RAC (warranty cover) can sort it at home, but I have a feeling it'll need to go to the dealership. Is this sounding the same as you had please? Really hoping it's not going to take long to fix
Yes, the clicking sound is battery related. I had the same issue on mine. RAC will be able to diagnose and confirm the battery is faulty and needs replacing
Thank you Stig.
frootie-baby

Post by frootie-baby »

RAC just been. Confirmed it's a faulty battery and have replaced under warranty. Hopefully that'll be the end of that problem!