Stop/Start fault... new battery, still faulty

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
askjim
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by askjim »

itsamyboo wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:46 am Update for anyone interested :lol: apparently the whole wiring system in the car is broken as it's been chafing against another part of the car and some cables have broken hence the radio/music fault and other electrical issues! Got to have the whole wiring system redone in a couple of weeks - thank god it's in warranty!
Are you able to share info where the chafing was located?

Thanks

Lineman

Post by Lineman »

I had the faulty battery issue about 2 years ago on my 2014 1.6 diesel. When a similar fault came up recently, I thought that the battery had packed up again. The message on the display said “Start /Stop system failure”. This was followed about a week later by an engine management warning light. My dealer put the car on the computer. It revealed a fault on an air intake damper. The computer also gave a step by step process on what & where to check, starting with the plug connections on the ECU and then the plug on the device itself. After disturbing the connections, the fault cleared. Happy days!
1.6 dci SVE (Tekna) Ireland. 19" diamond cut alloys changed for 17" Powder coated Black.