Drivers seat not level

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
EmmaCatt

Post by EmmaCatt »

I've had a bad back for months and I've just realised my seat is not level, i.e. One cheek is lower than the other! :shock:

Anyone else have this problem?

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Wrong forum, you need doctor.com or get down the gym to get your derriere into shape :)

Mine is great, when one chair is not enough. ;)

EmmaCatt wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 11:43 am I've had a bad back for months and I've just realised my seat is not level, i.e. One cheek is lower than the other! :shock:

Trabant Dave

Post by Trabant Dave »

I wonder if there is some sort of spacer missing on one side? Not sure if such a thing is possible on a QQ but certainly on older cars with more limited adjustment you had spacers between the floor and seat frame................

Do you have electric seat adjustment on your car Emma? It's possible that there's a misalignment in the mechanism, or the seat frame itself..

I'd be trundling back to the dealer to get this sorted as soon as; because back ache is a real pain - in every sense of the word!!!

Good luck with it

Dave
StewartP
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by StewartP »

EmmaCatt wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 11:43 am I've had a bad back for months and I've just realised my seat is not level, i.e. One cheek is lower than the other! :shock:

You have my sympathy, back issues are never fun,only those who have never suffered are dismissive. Unless there's an actual fault with your seat frame I think what you are noticing is that the right hand seat bolster on the seat squab (base) has a different more pronounced shape to the left hand. I find that it presses on my thigh at times so I end up sitting slightly twisted in the seat to relieve the pressure,may be worth checking whether you are doing that without realising. If the seat squab could be adjusted separately from seat height ie able to drop the front of the squab a bit that would probably help but no Nissan only provide the basics ( I'd rather have that than electric adjustment I never use )
(2022) 2022 J12 E-Power Tekna
(2018) 2017 J11b 1.6dci Tekna X-tronic
(2015) 2015 1.5dci Tekna-non panoramic roof