What authority to Customer services offer?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

After a stressful buy of a used 2016 QQ full of faults and dealer trying to fob me off. I have escalated my situation to Nissan customer services asking for extreme case, refund and/or exchange (still in 30 days).

What is everyone else's experience in dealing with NCS? Are they helpful, do they go the extra mile for customer satisfaction?

I am not sure what will happen in my situation, took advice from a friend in the motor trade, and checked my consumer rights, but going to give it a shot - if anything make dealer aware the cars they sell are not up to the Cared4 basis.
I own a used 1.5 DCI N-connecta 2016 machine

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

To be fair your complaints shoukd be aimed at the selling dealership, not NCS. You say on here 'problems', but what problems?
Buying second hand can be tricky. Did you view the car prior to purchasing? Did you have a test drive? Have you raised your issues directly with the salesman you dealt with? Have you given them sufficient tome to respond and rectify the problem?
What exactly are your faults/concerns?
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

I have raised this with the dealer, last week they found a steering issue. They have already told me nothing will be done for a crack in the glass, and they did not refix a body panel (which they told me was an easy thing) plus a few other issues. So far they have fobbed me off with call backs which don't happen, and telling me stuff that "all their cars have faults and this is no exception" - not very re-assuring!! The dealer website states a "30 day exchange policy for any fault", plus my rights on Consumer Act. If the car had under gone "obsessive" and detailed checks before sale, I am sure most of this would have not been my problem now.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

beetroot24, I tend to agree with gvmdaddy that the battle should be with the Dealer, now whether NCS do get involved with 2nd Hand cars will be interesting. It is to late now but as mentioned it is always advisable to drive, give the car a look over, note the problems with pics and then discuss the actions.
The dealings with NCS here regarding New Cars has always been positive but we are not in the U.K. You mentioned you have contacted NCS was it by phone, email, with facts etc..... and have you received the NCS Customer No. because that is normally when actions take place as you a numbered person - Good Luck Dave ;)

I would think that when you read the CARED4 document that you have some redress on the problems, but in the end it will be down to the Dealers interpretation of the document.

http://www.nissanusedcars.co.uk/en.GB/n ... ared_4.htm

https://www.complaintsdepartment.co.uk/nissan-uk/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

DaveBerlin wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 9:01 am beetroot24, I tend to agree with gvmdaddy that the battle should be with the Dealer, now whether NCS do get involved with 2nd Hand cars will be interesting. It is to late now but as mentioned it is always advisable to drive, give the car a look over, note the problems with pics and then discuss the actions.
The dealings with NCS here regarding New Cars has always been positive but we are not in the U.K. You mentioned you have contacted NCS was it by phone, email, with facts etc..... and have you received the NCS Customer No. because that is normally when actions take place as you a numbered person - Good Luck Dave ;)

I would think that when you read the CARED4 document that you have some redress on the problems, but in the end it will be down to the Dealers interpretation of the document.

http://www.nissanusedcars.co.uk/en.GB/n ... ared_4.htm

https://www.complaintsdepartment.co.uk/nissan-uk/
Thanks for the info. I have a NCS reference number and taken some consumer advice on the matter. I will direct an official response to the dealer and see what happens.
Wish me luck!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE with the 30 day deadline

Suggest you keep a log of all the actions you have taken for possible reference in future.
If you haven't already, get a letter to dealer's principal, outlining the various issues, the promised response,
and actual response. :P

Send off via signed for Mail stating unless they agree an acceptable course of action you'll
be progressing via small claims procedure. I imagine "restoration" costs will be under the £10k limit.
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/ ... aims-court

If it goes to court & you win compensation, suggest finding an alternative dealer for the rectification
& any future servicing.
Also see
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/miscel ... to-reject/
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

Since my first post, I only had one phone call from Nissan CS (a courtesy call) to say they acknowledged my complaint and will be back in touch - that was back on the 12th May! The CS person even said they will work out some gratitude for my hassle and a complaints manager will be in touch.

However, since dealer and fixed my problems and the general manager has made lots of efforts to help me. Does not bring back the time I have wasted going back & forth to the dealer, waiting etc etc. Never heard a squeak (no pun) from Nissan CS again.

So if you have a problem, see the dealers first. Nissan CS have lost my vote (so far).
duncho

Post by duncho »

My advise: Take a lawyer!
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

Customer services finally called me back, 3 weeks on from my complaint. The lady was very abrupt with me on the phone, a non-interested attitude, not cared with all the hassle and problems I encountered, plus costs incurred. When I quoted the "cared4" Nissan ethos on used cars, she said " that has nothing to do with Nissan, its done by a 3rd party company" ...I was amazed to hear this, as to me Nissan is Nissan as a consumer. I was offered a £100 gift voucher, which is nothing to all the hassle/time wasted and costs I incurred. Hoping I can move on from this experience and current QQ gives no more problems. Such poor attitude and interest from Nissan Customer Services does not make me eager to buy again.