270 mile Review/Update

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
BournemouthQQ

Post by BournemouthQQ »

Had my car for 3 weeks now. The 1.2T Tekna is as sweet as any petrol I've had and my average after 1200 miles is around 43mpg. My best is 63.7...from a 1.2 petrol lugging around a QQ. Incredible. I've only been to the pumps twice (ok 3 but the 1st time was to top up its delivery tank the day after I got it) and I've got 3/4 of a tank at the moment. Its a massive step forward in family car build and technology. It might have slightly cheap plastics in areas you have to hunt for and the back door seal is only clipped into the frame and easily pulled out (number 1 son) but its a huge amount of tech and car for the money. Very pleased with my choice, with my discount and with my driving experience.
Black 1.2 Dig-T

Andie

Post by Andie »

That's great nice to hear you are enjoying your QQ. You should send in some photos of your pride and joy once again nice one BournmouthQQ
Nissan Qashqai keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Good to hear a positive review again. My MPG similar, but I have got nowhere near the 63.7 you managed, were you going downhill for 20 miles ? Regarding the rivets around the rear door seals. I have posted before how I cured it. Pull them out and put something like Tiger Seal in the holes, push the rivets back in and they will not move at all. You will also notice all four doors have a similar plastic riveted rubber set up at the bottom of the doors. Again remove and Tiger Seal, a permanent cure. I think Nissan will have to do down this route eventually as they will be forever replacing this poorly thought out seal design.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Andie

Post by Andie »

Hi Jonceebee some nice tips thanks glad you are enjoying your QQ
BournemouthQQ

Post by BournemouthQQ »

[quote="jonceebee"]
Good to hear a positive review again. My MPG similar, but I have got nowhere near the 63.7 you managed, were you going downhill for 20 miles ? Regarding the rivets around the rear door seals. I have posted before how I cured it. Pull them out and put something like Tiger Seal in the holes, push the rivets back in and they will not move at all. You will also notice all four doors have a similar plastic riveted rubber set up at the bottom of the doors. Again remove and Tiger Seal, a permanent cure. I think Nissan will have to do down this route eventually as they will be forever replacing this poorly thought out seal design.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I didn't know anyone else had noticed. It only happened the once and we just plugged it back in. Wasn't down hill all the way ;o) but it was starting up after only a short stop so the engine was still warm and then took it very easily. It was around town so i didn't even get into "cruise" mode to save a bit but I might have been lucky with traffic lights. I've made 49 on the reverse trip from a cold start so its not all down to height change
Black 1.2 Dig-T
Andie

Post by Andie »

Well guys just got off the phone with one of the directors of Nissan. The question I asked him was related to the Qashqai 1.6 Xtronic CVT. As you guys know I ordered mine in March with a delivery date of 6th June. I have just been informed that I will have to wait maybe October maybe November December or even 2015. Excuse was supply and demand sorry guys tried everything. Looks like if you really want this car you will have to wait and suck it up. So you guys who have been lucky and revived your brand new QQ STOP WHIMPERING ABOUT THE FAULTS YOU ARE FINDING ALL CARS HAVE TEETHING PROBLEMS. If anybody has ordered their car on or just after the 12 March and have received their 1.6 Xtronic CVT Storm white please let know. Andie2014-06-13 12:44:37