270 mile Review/Update

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I also impressed with the grip the car seems to give as iit goes considering its a high vehicleI no idea why the mags prefer the 1.5 probably playing safe going for tried n tested and I bought the 1.5 simply because the deal I got as opposed to the 1.6Another thing i like thats not mentioned much is the mirrors, you realy get a good commanding view

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="montimar"]
This thread has got out of hand and it's time we returned to the car.I have been driving mine for 16 days now and I am well pleased with it. I love the comfortable front seats, the classy interior, light steering and the safe predictable handling with plenty of grip on corners. The 1.6 engine has plenty of power and is a good match for the smooth operating CVT gearbox.I tested both the 1.5 and 1.6 manuals and I found the torquey 1.6 much better suited for the car and just as refined. In my opinion the 1.6 is a much better engine and this goes against the Motor Mags opinion who seem to favour the 1.5.[/QUOTE] I too agree about the 1.6 engine it really is very good. At the time most of those reviews were written the 1.6 was still being tweaked so that may well be part of the 'problem' the other being down to road tax it's zero on the 1.5 and a massive £25 pa with the 1.6.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I think clever marketing has more to do with it lolthere was no 1.6 at any dealers when i was trying for a test drive but that was around launch nightIn fact not read any traditional mags reviewing the 1.6 they all seem to review the 1.5 then just mention the 1.6 almost as an afterthought as an option not worth taking
Andie

Post by Andie »

Hi Phaedra sorry to hear your not liking your new QQ but really you have to sit down and think yourself one of the lucky few who have even got your car some of us have to wait until October and beyond. Just hope the QQ grows on you
Nissan Qashqai keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Have I and my near neighbour got the only two perfect QQ's around. His a Premier delivered Mid Feb, mine a Tekna delivered 1st March. Neither car has any rattles, no issues with Connect system, no key warnings, sensor problems or stop/start issues. Mine is just coming up to 3k miles averaging 43.7 mpg and I am totally delighted with it. My neighbours car has 5.2k on the clock, unlike me he has stopped looking at the forum as he thinks some of the posters may be non QQ owners just knocking the car for fun. I prefer to give everyone the benefit of my doubt as there could be issues out there, I just wish posters would follow up with the outcome of their problems and how they were cured
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Andie

Post by Andie »

Hi Jonceebee
Good for you it makes me mad when these people cry down the Qashqai some people should be lucky they have their cars I have to wait till October until I get mine should have got it in June but got pushed back. Good for you for speaking up so glad you are both enjoying your cars.
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

As I have said before Jon some people come onto this site to complain about this and that and half the time they don't present facts or evidence of the complaints and it disrupt the harmony of the site and gets people wound up about a perfectly good car, yes its new so there are bound to be teething problems but when someone complains repeatedly about the mirrors not folding in because they cant be bothered to push a button as they exit the car, I just think its moronic. I am looking forward to getting my car next week, as with every new car its a new learning curve, I look forwerd to the challenge.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
Andie

Post by Andie »

Cliffgorse well put
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Nearly there Cliff, you won't be disappointed. We have been to the caravan for the last few days and out and about in the Yorks. Dales. I am becoming more and more a fan of this wonderful car. The 1.2 engine is an absolute delight, barely any noise in all the gears and the ride even with these large wheels cannot be faulted.As for the stereo, turn the bass up full, adjust the levels to the rear by two notches on the fader and it sound as good as anything I have owned in the past.Count the days down Cliff, you will soon be in full enjoyment mode.....Jon
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Thanks for the advice on the stereo Jon, I am so looking forward to the enjoyment mode and yes as you say counting the hours not the days now mate. I was able to take short test drive the other week in a CVT I have to say it was well sweet. going into York on Saturday for the carnival in parliament square.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th