New Qashqai vs Europe Autocar Video

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

For anyone who's interested.http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/new- ... ad-tripThe journey is all very speeded-up (as you might expect on a 5,000 mile drive) without much detail but the car gets a great endorsement.
lythamlife2014-04-14 18:38:40
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Great videoWhy did they do that and not report on fuel economy though puzzles meWould of been better if they had used 5 people all the time to test out passenger comfort though
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

I agree with most of the comments posted there, pretty useless as a "review", more of a poor mans Top Gear "we drove from X to Y and back again" road trip. Info as Donkey said on useful things like long distance comfort, Sat Nav operation, fuel economy, handling, how it coped with the various weather and road conditions etc. etc. would all have been much more informative.Let's be honest, almost any brand new car would have been capable of making that trip, it's the specific details about the QQ that we wanted, not a nice video of driving through Europe.

phaedra2014-04-14 19:40:43
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

They just seemed chuffed five of them managed to drive 5K in 2 weeks without the QQ breaking downReading our reviews everyone finds things they like and dislike and wieredly we all spot diffrent things where they just churned out the same drivelThat trip was obviously funded by Nissan hence come to Sunderland collect the carsNow they could of said to 5 of us normal people well send you all on a jolly up pay your hotel beers and odd prostitute and got a full factual review lol
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Are "odd" prostitutes more expensive than ordinary ones?
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="phaedra"] Are "odd" prostitutes more expensive than ordinary ones?
[/QUOTE]

In my experience it all depends how you define odd
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

On that note you realy want to pick the scab that supresses my wiered views on world Just stunned with Nissan PR that trip could of been a great usefull test, load the car up watch 5 people row bieng clustered over 5K all the cars faults quirks and good points could of been sortedEven Jeremy Clarkson could of been more focussed on the actual car they were testing
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="TC3"] [quote="phaedra"] Are "odd" prostitutes more expensive than ordinary ones? [/QUOTE] In my experience it all depends how you define odd [/QUOTE]
Surely it's down to value plain and simple? What price experience verses looks?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Wow, some really hard criticisms. I also nearly posted this video last week but it was a "Full Speed" version and picking out detail was not easy for everybody.
But anyway did anybody fork out and buy the Autocar Edition 2nd April ? because I did whilst I was in the UK. There was a very comprehensive Free Book "Qashqai vs Europe" included of 67 Pages on this trip / Sunderland / Technical Points / The Nissan Bosses and the QQ and it makes good reading.
There is not a lot of detailed "Technical Facts" stated but on P65 it does state - quote "We've completed 5378 miles and averaged 50,5 mpg". OK it did appear to be Nissan supported because the QQ was donated for the Trip. So again do not just judge the video read the facts also for a better overview - have a good day Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Watched the video and the first section gave a fuel over viewBut come on Dave you must accept you could of given a better review thoughAutocar are meant to be proffessional reviewers and journalistsHaving sectional drivers for instanceWHat does that tell us for a start?Its a nice car if you only drive for xxx hours and any long journeys arrange sectional driversLob all the drivers in it together then do the trip and see what comfort is like, do the seats wear against coffee stains etc lolI accept that journey was done to show durabilityBut take the car to the supermarket, load it up with a weekly shop maybe video it and later add a couple kids a wet dog and a load of camping equipment this is what most people can relate toThe video at one point refered to the fact wow this car is like a German built carIs it me or they just shot themselfs in the foot? A nissan is a Nissan if we want a German car then theres plenty of German cars out there we could of got for similar moneyWe buy the Nissan because its not German lolAll except one sectional clip the QQ was empty. again ask a QQ driver whats al normal loads in there car, people that carry no passengers or loads will have no use for a QQThe achieved as you said 50.5 mpg overall but they could of broken it down AVG2 could of shown look autobarn we had xxxmpg @ xxxKPH and in this cobble town we had these resultsNice scenery back shots they were great but again my experiance in a QQ when parked is people coming looking at the car asking what its like did i miss that in the video?I can see the car is an accenta premium id imagine 1.5dci but then im one of the few with one, did the journalists forget that in the review? or do we need to go through each sectional video scouring it?But seriously and tester should stop think look at the product and what people would want to know about itHow many MPG and shopping / camping stuff does it hold, how long can 3 kids/adults sit in rear without a fight eruptingIm off to Spain in couple of months so wondering how the sat nav will actualy work, can anyone say if that route followed the sat nav and did the sound mysteriously just stopHow did the car pull up the mountains? did they use the Nissan connect to find a hotel?Autocar shame on you, if your going to review something then first ask what the customers would want to see and get from the review
Donkey2014-04-15 06:58:44