New Qashqai vs Europe Autocar Video

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

While not defending the valid criticisms of the video, I have just discovered that in fact a full account of this road trip and much more is given in a (free?) Autocar supplement although I have yet to determine which week/month it was issued.http://nissaninsider.co.uk/autocar-maga ... r-special/
lythamlife2014-04-15 07:33:48
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Nice one LythamlifeNot criticizing as such just sad a good interesting test missed an open goal, at moment anything to do with new QQ is hungrily devoured but most questioned just not adressed lolBut now in the video and write up they claim and its the first fact a car rolls off production line every 59 secondsAs one of the guys who waited months reading forums where a 3 month wait is normal this figure shocks me as the leading fact especialy as Nissan themselfs claim ever 61 secondsAs its the opening fact they managed to confuse people on 2 levels thereNow the QQ, its tall and its big, its ideal for family people or people getting older who cant get in/out lower cars and the almost van like driving position has to confirm this, so why test a car with a group of people with only 1 person in the car for 5KNissan are an Asian company the test was to remind us of that an Asian company built in Britain but dont worry it feels like a German car ..Identity crisis or what?Its an MPV style car built to carry people and things so lets test it with a solo driver and have a back up car with all our luggageLets apeal to the younger market realy hype up the media centre then completely overlook every aspect of it during the testMaybe the shortened video that reels us in without making us buy popcorn for the full feature was edited by guy previously used to reviewing the stock market In one section that caught my eye the drive was possibly dangerous a guy sitting by a boot with snow chains etc that had all been flung in the back, not stacked awayWhy they missed the fact every driver needed a high viz jacket in there door pocket after all in event of emergency if you dont get out the car wearing it your fined and if you dont have the triangle in your hand along with a breathalizer kit even though you might be on fire at the time you could go to jailOn that point who even a reporter would open the tailgate empty a box like that at the rear of the boot area making the luggage area look tiny and full when most of us could of stowed that lot in the spare wheel area
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

lythamlife, Hi have you read my comments ? as I stated what edition the Supplement was in - please read it again -Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]There is not a lot of detailed "Technical Facts" stated but on P65 it does state - quote "We've completed 5378 miles and averaged 50,5 mpg". Dave[/QUOTE]Why buy a magazine though Dave that just gives this info lolThey could of saved that trip photshopped a few pics and let Nissan write what they want then alter some figures
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

Sorry Dave missed that in my enthusiasm to post an update. 10 bad house-points to me.
lythamlife2014-04-15 08:23:06
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

lythamlife, not a problem for me if it informs you all well and good. I do not give out bad points everybody has their right to express opinions and make comments. - Dave
Donkey, I buy motor magazines a lot and when I am in the UK I like to keep up with the UK news and it just happened this report was in the Autocar I bought so I read it, like it or not ! - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken