...I've finally had enough!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Now, most of you will know I have been fairly patient with my QQ and its nigggles....

I am sure this is all the issues, but I am probably forgetting a few....
* Misaligned boot causing paint rubbing
* Front parking sensors (repeated trips)
* Steering creaks requiring a steering part replacing
* Steering creaks resulting in front suspension top hat replacements
* Now onto my 5th set of roof rail caps
* Window trim miss-fitted/poorly aligned
* A number of recalls (front collision avoidance, rear tow bar, arch liner fix) - granted, these happen but meh
* Software issues (Connect system, speed limiter out of sync)
* Various rattles in the cabin from various bits of trim
* Front drivers seat making 'clunk' noise
* Oil burning requiring a replacement short block (just over a 2 year battle with Nissan)
* Oil loss through oil pressure sensor

Then there are a few things which granted, Nissan are not to blame for but lessened the overall experience of ownership. This QQ was my first brand new car as well, so it marked quite a special 'event' for me really! I just thought I would stick with it as there must be light at the end of the tunnel once al the niggles are sorted.... however fate had one more act up its sleave to really nark me off....

The air con is no longer functional. The only thing it does is it makes a hissing noise and does not chill or demist.

Now, I am not saying the car is unreliable, for me anyway, it has got me from A to B every time, however, after just over 3 years of ownership, I have finally snapped and had enough. I am going to trade it in as quickly as possible now and get something else.

I did consider another QQ, a 1.6 DIG-T, but this one has put me off, as well as the continued threads on here about overall quality control issues. Chances are I will end up getting a Pulsar 1.6 DIG-T, granted still a Nissan, and similar platform to the Qashqai, but I don't see as many threads on the owners club about annoyances, the 1.6 engine seems to be overall much more reliable and has a decent age to it having been in the Juke for a while. That and initial outlay on the Pulsar is lower than the QQ helping me out a bit (the plan was to keep the QQ for its life) finance wise. Have I thought about a different make.... yes, but in reality they are all more or less the same, and I am kinda hoping to get a better deal swapping a Nissan for a Nissan and playing on the heart strings a bit.....

So, whilst I really REALLY like the QQ and have tried to live with the issues requiring me to go back to Nissan every 2-3 months since owning it, I cant take it any more and I feel that as time goes on, its just going to get worse and end up costing me more than it already has done.

So, here is hoping I can work something out so I can afford the swap, and that I am not about to walk into another deal and ending up with a lemon!

beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

Under the Consumer Rights Act you might have a case for compensation from Nissan, even outside the warranty. Worth contacting Which or get some legal help (or from CAB), as any item such as a car or TV should last a reasonable time without serious faults.
I own a used 1.5 DCI N-connecta 2016 machine
Deleted User 759

I will see what the original dealer says, I've already asked for a contact to discuss my options with, not just a sales guy, somebody with clout in the hope I can get a deal that's better than just a standard trade in given the problems!

I have been more than patient here with it, but this morning, I nearly turned the car around to carry out what I said to the service manager when it went in a few weeks ago, if it has to come back, its being put through their window!
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

SplanK, I don't recall you mentioning the 'drivers seat cluncking noise' previously. I've just started to experience the same. It feeks like either the seat may be slightly loose on its runner, or someting in the seat is working loose. Ive tried the lumbar support...its not that. Ive tried repositioning the seat along its rail....its not that. Ive also tried adjusting the seat back inclination....still not that. Can you let me know if your problem was resolved, and if so what was the problem? Cheers.
Deleted User 759

It was one of those issues that I kept quiet about really as it was trivial but thought if I am going full meltdown I will include it!

It was when I was getting out, you twist your body to get your right foot out the door and as you start lifting yourself out, that's when it 'clunked'. Its very faint in both sound and feel but its there....

To be honest, I cant remember the last time I felt it though as its either something I have got used to, but I have also lost a little over 5st in weight over the last year and a bit which may have something to do with 'forgetting' about the issue! Dealer always said no fault found but did claim to have tightened something up, I didn't believe them.

I am driving the car tomorrow again so will double check for It and feed back accordingly.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Congrats on the superb weight loss....that's what having young kids does for you!
Im not overly concerned about the clunking noise, but would like to know if there is something I can occasionally 'nip-up' to keep on top of things.
Cheers again.
duncho

Post by duncho »

SplanK you are indeed a patient feller ;) I kept my eye on engine oil loss topic and you were surprisingly calm. My car have had 25th repair applied last week within 3 years of ownership. It is my first new car as well. Before the warranty expired, I sent an email to CEO in copy with several other Nissan employees and 2 lawyers with kind a message that it has been enough. I was offered with certain compensation which however is binded with new car purchase, which I don't want to risk anymore. Let's see how it will workout in the end.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Deleted User 759

Weight loss was actually started by a group of us at work trying to help out another fella (although I was just shy of 18st back then so needed to do something myself!!). Took up walking and it started to fall off me! Currently in the middle of a self set challenge, walking 2000 miles this year!

As for the car, I am in 2 minds. I 100% want rid of this motor now and I know how much cash I want to put on the table for one (after doing some initial research a few weeks back with another dealer i've never been too before!).

I dare say the letter I have spent most of the night writing to my current dealer will get me a better deal than I can get from another Nissan garage (so, still tying myself to the original dealer), I am still apprehensive about going for another new one. I have already lost a decent chunk through depreciation on the QQ, and the stress build up over the last 3 years.... saying that, you can read similar stories about buying lemon/Friday afternoon cars on more or less every other make, and despite the problems,

I cant be unlucky a 2nd time around can I? I do think that part of my mistake was buying the QQ when I did and not sitting on my hands waiting for the 1.6 DIG-T that I really wanted. If I had waiting at least a year into production, then most of these issues would have been sorted.

This is why I am looking at the Pulsar, engine has been around for a while already (Juke), and the Pulsar itself has been out for what, 2 years so hopefully all the niggles have been ironed out, as well as a lower price point for a car that's not too dissimilar to the QQ, just lower to the ground!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve, well this is a real turn up for the books you are going to get rid of your QQ. Judging by your comments and facts you do seem to have gone through a little more than most and then naturally it gets more and more depressing and the fun is then gone. It does appear that the earlier 2014 models have had or are now having problems which could be related to the introduction of a vehicle not quite ready for a market launch I hope the J11B turns out better.
Ours is also a 14 model and yes we have had problems not like yours but they have all been corrected. We have a Nissan Note today as the new Nissan Connect System is installed but now it cannot find the cameras, so another software upgrade. I have told them I am not a happy one at present but the problem is I just like the car. I looked over a Pulsar and yes it is lower but there appears to be a tremendous amount of space internally for a young family and the boot space is large also. Congratulations also on shedding that weight - Regards Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 759

Thanks Dave,
I have tried to put up with it as long as I could as I really liked the car, thinking there could be light at the end of the tunnel and I would end up with a well rounded car at the end of it, yesterday was the straw that broke the camel’s back (well, really, I snapped at the oil leak with the oil pressure sender, but was reigned myself back in when I did a small amount of digging with trade in cost and replacement pulsar cost)..... There are only so many times you can take a car back to the dealer before you start to question things!
The whole point about buying the QQ was to stop me spending hours/days working on a used car, but in reality I have wasted more time, and endured more stress having to take it back every 2-3 months then I ever did with even my ‘giddy purchase’ of the Nissan 200sx which was a bit of a rot box and I missed some clues that said ‘this car needs work’!
Letters sent to the dealer and Nissan GB this morning to hopefully get the wheels in motion soon.