...I've finally had enough!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve, it will be interesting to see what comes out of your letters hopefully sent to management of the Dealer & Nissan and if you get any special offers or satisfaction.
You are a "Forum Moderator" and surely you must have some contact to Nissan along with Rob. Is there no way that some feedback can be given to Nissan on all the relevant complaints so that modifications can be applied by Nissan to minimize Guarantee Work, Spare Parts, Labour Costs and of course inconvenience to the Guy paying the money out - "The Customer".
Is there ever any personnel contact with Nissan and do you know if Nissan actually read this or other Forums and notes the problems. Again there are always more negatives, there are reasons for this than positives that is life, but the continuing problems and lack of support by some Dealers is just not on - end of rant hope it works for you ! - Have a Good Day Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

In reality, its a small subset of people who have problems. I am simply unlucky to have one of the cars which have had more than their fair share of problems. A Friday afternoon car, or a lemon.

I have had my initial 'feedback' from the original dealer today to say they are going to look at options and get back to me next week. I am also in talks with another dealer, more as a 'base line' to ensure that I do indeed get the best possible deal from the original dealer. Whilst this is a Nissan product, the buck does kinda stop with the dealer as that is who my contract is with. It appears for the moment that the car wont be going back to get its aircon fixed until we have worked out a plan of attack and worked out a suitable, agreeable deal.

I am just going to stick to facts regarding my car, I don't see the point pointing out other peoples issues as they are not my battle now unlike previously when I was trying to get an engine swap. At the end of the day, the car is not 'of satisfactory quality' and I have been more than patient and fair with the dealership in allowing them to attempt repairs . The initial contact in response to my email suggests that they agree with this in principle (picked up in tone of voice rather than directly saying it).

To be fair, I cant really fault the service department in terms of overall ervice. There has been no BS, and they have actually helped me with some issues with the micra despite not buying it from them and, in 1 case, managing to do 'parts cost only' work on the Micra (ARB buses) and located possible upgrades to fix the problem permanently. The 2nd oil leak through the oil pressure sender, and I highly suspect the air con issue are 'collateral' damage, after the engine was removed and refitted.

I will feedback what I can, and that is sensible but I do have to keep in mind I have to 'protect' myself so may have to limit what I put.
Deleted User 759

hmm, not sure what to make of this.... sent to a 2nd dealer yesterday who suggested that...

1. The 1.6 DIG-T Pulsar is showing a date in Nov, and he has concerns over that date. He doing some digging on Monday.
2. They suggested they have only sold 5x 1.6 Pulsar's and there seems to be no demand for them
3. they have only sold a handful of the QQ with a 1.6 DIG-T engine.

not sure if they simply don't want to supply it or what, but if the above is true then I'm a little concerned and stuck as to what do to. I test drove the 1.2 pulsar and whilst it is much more suited, I don't trust that particular engine, especially​ as the oil loss thread is showing some newer engines may also have the problem, and I *want* the bigger engine <boy racer side starting to show>
Leicesterman

Post by Leicesterman »

Oh dear, reading these forums one can form the impression that the Qashqai is a real dog of a car.
So I am 3 months in to my ownership of my new car And about 1100 miles. Not a single problem, no squeaks rattles or obvious problems. So thumbs up to Nissan. The car is obviously built to a price as others have commented and I wonder if I should have not been a mean git and gone for one of the Audi or bmw crossovers. But overall very happy with the car. Early days yet but just a shout out for a car that in my experience has been built well.
1 March 2017 brand new Tekna, 1.2 xtronic, 17" rims with space saver spare wheel. To avoid the £299 protection pack offered by dealer I spent £120 on after market mats, door sills and boot protector. Autoglym high def waxed by myself.
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

I have now done 4300 miles in my QQ, from new, since Xmas, without any problems and I acknowledge that my view of Nissan is mostly framed from the posting on this and one other forum. . If I were Nissan I would be very worried, partly by the faults themselves but mostly about how the faults are being dealt with. Nissan does read through forums and must have a database of reoccurring faults, surely in these days of social media it would be better to acknowledge the faults and get them fixed. If my QQ had a fault and Nissan contacted me to bring it in for a fix I would feel that Nissan were looking after me and their product, as it is I am left with the impression that Nissans after sales service\care is poor. There are simply too many postings about Batteries, Air-con, and steering noises for faults to simply be just a one offs.

I like my QQ very much.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Steve, I was a little surprised to read your comment regarding the availability of the Pulsar. Could it be that as you are looking for a "Boy Racer" version that there are just not many around / available or just not being built due to demand. I must admit I was not aware of the 190PS being available, it is a shame the QQ does not have it 😱.
I checked our Dealer who has 7x Outlets and he is offering only 1,2L DIG-T (27x) & 1,5L DCi (10x) all with 20Kms "Tageszulassung" which is the way of offering new vehicles (used) at a discount price. I then checked a radius of 200 Kms around our place on a large Vehicle website Mobil.de and found only 1x 1,6L Pulsar available but it was called a "Nismo" but I think this must be a Dealer look a Like vehicle.
I can fully understand your concern with the 1,2L motor you have been really unlucky but possibly one of a few (you never see the figures). Ours has never missed a beat and I just love the engine and I am sure there are a lot more happy Owners than unhappy. At the end of the Day the decision is yours and it will be a hard one - Good Luck Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 759

This is just from one dealership though. I did speak with a 3rd a few weeks back but have 0 intension of using (I wasnt that impressed with them to be honest) and they did not mention this issue.... so its either the one yesterday wasn't interested in the business, or the t'other wasn't doing their research properly!

There is presently no Nismo version of the pulsar as far as I can see, there was meant to be one, but maybe due to the update of the 1.6 DIG-T, they have pulled it? The Juke on the other hand, the 1.6 DIG-T and Nismo version appear to sell reasonable well.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve, correct about the Nismo, it was a Concept Car that was being shown around 2014 - Dave :)

nissan-pulsar-nismo-concept.jpg

mrbcb

Post by mrbcb »

I part exchanged my 1.6 2011 Qashqai last August for a nearly new DIG-T 1.6 Tekna Qashqai and have had no problems with it. I am in my 70's and have had a fair number of cars during my driving career. I also passed the advanced driving course many years ago. I say this as the present 1.6 turbo Qashqai is about the safest and best car I have driven. I am puzzled by the small number of 1.6 turbo cars around as it is a wonderful car to drive. I have a friend who has a son who is a director of a Nissan firm in South West England and he states that Nissan have a top priority to push the latest Micra which has just come out.
As a Qashqai owner my insurance has not gone up much, it uses no oil, good mpg and the acceleration is great and a very safe car to drive.

Regards BB
Deleted User 759

Well, after almost 2 weeks of 'negotiations' between a number of dealers, and my wife (she is on the verge of killing me as I've changed my mind so many times on this!), I will cease to be a QQ J11 owner next Friday afternoon!

It boiled down to 2 things...
1. What we need as a family
2. What we can sensibly afford given I wasn't prepared to be swapping cars at this point in time.

After negotiating a couple of deals with a few dealers, nobody could get close to where I really wanted to be for a new Pulsar, and not really that close to a 'extended but comfortable' figure'. At this point, I almost gave up with Nissan (shock horror, I have never had anything but Nissan and I was getting rather nervous at this stage!!). One of them (the one visited today) did indeed try very hard and threw in 'all available discounts'.

The other concern was, most dealers were raising concerns (or showed it in their voice) about the suggested build dates for a new car, and one refused to fully quote other than a guidance figure because they were not confident in what they were reading on their systems! This could indicate that Nissan is about to do something such as pulling the plug on the Pulsar, or that particular engine (I've seen them do this before with the later models of car, they drop the unpopular one). If the Pulsar is dropped rather than replaced and I happen to get a brand new one just before they do pull the plug, it could devastate the trade in value which I may need to rely on if push came to shove (like I have had to with the QQ). It could also just be that there is a demand change due to the new tax rules and the government demonising diesel engines and preferring petrol or electric, or even strategy... either way, it wasn't comfortable for me.

I chanced a glance at Autotrader on Friday, and limited my search to Pulsar Tekna 1.6 DIG-T engines. Not many, not many at all, and all the Tekna's are too far away to consider realistically, or of 2014/2015 variety (wanted newer to get avoid niggles as much as poss), or ex-demos with too much mileage than I am willing to accept.

I then lowered my spec search to N-Tec and N-connecta. Found one about 50 miles away from me, chanced a visit today after a lengthy phone conversation yesterday and pulled the trigger on a 66 plate, 500 mile 1.6 DIG-T N-Tec in black.

Tell you what, the 1.6 DIG-T is a much better engine. Pulls well, even up hill at 1500 rpm, and picks up speed far quicker than I expected. Now, bearing in mind that this engine has only done 500 miles so not fully run in yet so I was being gentle with it (that, and I had kids and wife in the car!!). The other good thing, no Renault stamps in sight unlike the 1.2!!

So whilst I have downgraded the spec and I will miss some things, might live to regret getting black colour, but I could not really argue with the price, and it was available and brings my QQ love/hate/want to drive t through a showroom window relationship to a close!