...I've finally had enough!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Keff99
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Keff99 »

Get a German car .. Build Quality is much better .. But i know ... The price is much higher. I have always had VW/Audi .. I currently have a Q3 2.0 TDI Quattro, the build quality is solid, no creeks or niggles .. My only concern is the Fuel Consumption. I have had a 2015 QQ as a courtesy car once and i do like them, sad to hear the problems you have had. I am going to wait for the facelift model out in summer before i decide to switch. Hope your next car is problem free

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Steve, well it looks like you have taken the "Bull by the Horns" and dropped the QQ after your bad experiences. Good luck to you with the Pulsar, nice motor that will be my next one. You mentioned you have a low mileage N-Tec, the reason I ask is that you cannot get them here and they are not even listed anymore, did they stop this model ?.
Black is "Beautiful" when clean, we have had a Metallic Black Micra, Note and Juke and then we changed to a Pearlescent White QQ. I think the secret is a good going over the car regularly, a good polish and then regular washes, if and when you have time with the kids.
Hopefully it will all work out for you after your experiences with Nissan and your QQ, but you are still staying with them. So all the Best and good Luck with the Pulsar.
Incidently will you still be staying on as a QQ Forum Moderator ? - Regards Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I was prepared to wait, however, the concerning noises from dealers did put me off in some respects getting a new one, and I happened to spot this 'used' one not to far away and at a price I could not really ignore. We took it for a test drive with the kids and were amazed by the cabin room, whilst leaving a decent sized boot. The QQ feels 'crampt' for some reason and the kids will benefit from the extra leg room.

N-Tec - I think they still do it and I think I spied a couple of 17 plates on Autotrader but I have a feeling they have, or are replacing it with N-Connecta?

Black - I am sure I will be fine! I am looking around for 'protection' stuff, so sill plates will be purchased, and looking for some sort of clear plastic 'stickers' to fit behind the door handles as that's where most of the minor scratches are appearing on both the QQ and Micra. Other than that, its just going to be general ware and tare. Will probably send it to be valeted once a year or something to get it freshened up.
Deleted User 759

Well, its official, no longer a QQ owner and now the *very* happy owner of a Pulsar 1.6 DIG-T...

I'm glad I went for the 1.6 in the end, the engine is so much 'stronger' and commands itself on the road very well. According to some people, the suspension setup on the 1.6 DIG-T has been tweaked and is a firmer ride. I'm still holding back on the engine as its not at fully run in miles yet but its so much fun to drive!

19221597_10155376190817442_5950391868381373054_o.jpg

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve, that is looking good and with the "Chromed" color accessories on the lower front - nice !. I checked our Dealers lot yesterday and there was not one 1,6 DIG-T to be found only Diesels & 1,2's, so what you have looks rare - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Looks nice splank best of luck after your qq you deserve it.....
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Deleted User 759

If you take a look at Auto trader, there is very little in the way of 1.6's.... and the ones that are there, I would not want to touch. Mostly ex demo with more miles on than I would want to touch really!

Whilst I am not going to disclose what Nissan offered me to sweeten things up, all I am going to say is it is worth persisting with. Facebook posts go a long way these days ;)

oh... here is the 'money shot' as it were.... this is without its plastic cover on. I can already tell its going to be a bugger to work on, and is in desperate need of some shiny bits! BUT not a Renault stamp in sight (as far I can tell so far!!)

20170616_145212.jpg

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve, there is only a mention on the MR16DDT engine that it is from Nissan it was also in the Juke. This article from Nissan might be interesting for you - Dave :)

http://nissantechnews.com/pdf/2015/103-MR16DDT.pdf
Deleted User 759

Spied that the other day as I was already hunting out how to boost the power to the level that the Juke Nismo is given its the same engine. That PDF contradicts other information that suggests only the rod bearings have been beefed up, where as that pdf suggest "up to 100 parts".... I think the other problem is that the standard turbo and setup was designed for as much low end power as possible, and this shows with the torque output being quite high, and as soon as you start to increase boost, it just starts becoming inefficient and runs out of 'puff'!

Saying that, with an extended warranty added to it, I have 4 years before I can do anything daft like that lol

The same engine is also fitted to the Clio RS 200 with a few tweaks. MR16DDT is also fitted to the Juke in the US where they are getting good power out of them but require a turbo change, and I think the Sentra as well!
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

I've been lucky in that the only faults so far have been a recent new battery fitted and the air-con. Problem is that I'm not over-confident that even after a repair, it will work reliably for long. Air-cons can be a pain in the backside I've found. Either they are reliable from new and never need touching, like the system in my 18 year old Land Cruiser, or they give constant bother, probably due to contamination with moisture or dirt while being repaired the first time. We'll see.

I've no brand loyalty, although this is my fifth Nissan since 1995. The family also run four other cars and it used to be six before my mother and father stopped driving due to old age. Currently I also run a British built Honda CRV which has been 100% reliable over four years and 60,000 miles. I've also recently bought a Volvo which has already needed a new battery, an airbag recall and some much needed software updates. I have high hopes for it long term.

I'm surprised that you are sticking with Nissan after your experience, especially after the oil consumption issue. When all is said and done, I haven't had your problems with my Nissans and am quite happy with the Qashqai so far.

I forgot to mention that the Qashqai has severe corrosion on the rear brake disks for some reason. They will need changing along with the pads by the time it is 3 years of age and has covered only 30,000 miles.

EDIT
Just noticed that you are now the proud owner of the new Pulsar. Very nice, and I'm sure you will have far better luck with it long term.