...I've finally had enough!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I am quite loyal to Nissan really!

My history is Micra K!1 > Micra K11 > Primera P11 > Primera P11 > 200sx S14a > Note > Almera N15 > Almera N16 > Micra K11 > Micra K13 > Qashqai J11 > Pulsar C13

So you could say I have had a fair few Nissans in the last, 15 years or so years! All of them have been good solid cars apart from the Qashqai, where the oil consumption issue was with a brand new engine (to Nissan) as well as being designed and built by Renault with the support of Nissan. The Pulsar on the other hand has a good quality engine designed and built (as far as I can tell) by Nissan with support and tech from Renault, is now onto its 2nd generation and no major issues other than a timing chain issue very early on (US guys are pushing 300hp out of the motor with turbo swap out, suggesting its a good strong engine), and the car itself has been around for a few years so build quality issues should have been ironed out!

Really, my issue has been the amount of times it has had to go back for remedial work, the problems seemed endless and I just ran out of patience. 1 lemon out of 11 (excluding Pulsar as I've only had it 24hours!!) isn't that bad really. However, bugger me about a 2nd time and that will be it!

In addition there is nothing to say that going to a different brand would allow me to escape away from any problems like I experienced with the Qashqai, and given I have had plenty of experience and knowledge of Nissan's in general, I feel more confident in owning them if that makes sense? Always makes a dealers day when I pull out the pics of my old BTCC style primera and 200sx pictures lol

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

While we're having a brief moment of Nissan nostalgia... my first car was one of these.

280zx.jpg

It was in poorer condition than this one, but the colour helped to hide the rust where the sills were disintegrating...

Later, I also had a Sunny estate, and a Sunny coupé with a massive rear window.

coupe2.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic