Anyone else disappointed?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Holloway

Post by Holloway »

Generally I try to look for the positives in situations and am by no means a 'moaning' person, but I have to say I am really quite disappointed with my Nissan QQ.

It's the newest and most expensive car I've ever bought and since the day I got it there just seems to have been problem after problem.

Nissan have not been great in helping rectify these problems either.

Don't get me wrong, I think the car looks great and is very practical and comfortable, but the overall build quality seems very poor. With various squeaks, squeals, rattles, sensors not working, warning lights coming on, defective timing chain tensioner etc... I just really expected more from a Nissan.

I've only had the car about 6-8 weeks and these problems have really stopped me from enjoying that new car feeling.

I'm now down to trying to get one last fault (that I know of) sorted which is the blind spot warning system flashing up with a system failure every other day. Nissan have looked at it twice, the last time saying I may have to live with it. I said I wouldn't and would bring it back the next time it comes on.

Has anyone else had any similar problems with Nissan/QQ?

Wondering if I've been very unlucky or of this has been fairly common?

david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Looking back through the forum seems change over to new model had lots of problems sometime maufac.s cause own problems Nissan been under pressure to meet demand tell people it does 50 mpg and fits computer that tells you the real ecom...guys where live are working non stop to meet demand.... shame because the cars really good ......myself don't need or use lots of the extras on mine .....as my daughter says your old and past it
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
katkinson
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by katkinson »

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one.
As you say, comfortable and nice to drive, but..... I've never been back to the garage so often with a car in 40+ years of motoring.
Mine started with the usual parking sensors in the rain problem, and the two broken boot locks, and the stop/start system failure, which I now understand was related to the battery that failed at 12 months. That was the first time I'd called the breakdown service in 12 years (3 cars).
There were always software updates and recall items to do when it was serviced, but all issues were usually resolved by the dealer.
It was a hell of a shock to find no oil on the dipstick one day. It took 3 litres to fill it, before I set-off for the dealer.
After about a year of 'accurately measuring' and software adjustment it eventually went in for some work to be done (new rings?) No.
After 2 weeks it eventually came out with a totally new engine. They didn't really want to admit what they'd done - told me about having done my 3rd service and 1st MOT and new (non-squeaky) steering column bush and wheel arch recall, but no mention of the oil consumption problem.
Unfortunately they also never mentioned that I would need to contact the DVLA with a new engine serial number - only found that out by reading this forum. It's now a month since I rang and asked for the serial number and documentary proof - I may as well have been speaking Klingon.
Eventually someone took an action to get me the information - but that was 3 weeks ago. After a week I emailed the dealership's Group Complaints. After another week I forwarded my emails to Nissan Customer Services and, guess what, after another week I'm still waiting!
It seems communication is a particular weakness across Nissan, unless they're trying to sell you something.
So, when its running well the car is lovely but, when it goes wrong I dread the consequences. I shall be getting rid of it as soon as I can and won't touch another Nissan. Looking at alternatives it's difficult to find anything else that doesn't have the same rubbish Renault/Nissan 1.2 engine.
On a brighter note - someone on the forum will be able to buy an unused spare wheel kit when its surplus to my requirements.
2014 Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DiG-T Accenta Premium, Silver.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Majority of owners however, are very well pleased with their Qashqai's :)
It's human nature that the majority of these will never post here.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

I am happy with my QQ but it is disappointing to read how those people who do have issues with their QQ are treated.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Anyone out there with one of these engines that's done lots of miles it only takes 1 cylinder to burn oil and level gets low heard people putting in 3 ltrs to top up no wonder the engines are ruined check my oil weekly until I get confidence in it
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

It wasn't too long ago I was on here saying how I would have another QQ even with all the problems it's had.
Funny how attitudes can change over a short period of time, I think I must have accidentally pressed the self distruct button when I was fumbling around trying to find the fuel flap release (why the hell would anyone put that there?) and it's always when I'm a little tight up to the pump and have to go back into the car to beat the crap out of my door on the pumps to reach in.
The self destruct button has now stopped the sun shade from taking up the slack when retracted, so it now hangs down so I don't use that anymore not that it was any use before.
Recall for the wheel arch fix as arrived.
Creaking steering as reared it's ugly head.
Head lights misting up inside.
Passenger seat belt height adjustment won't adjust and hold in position.
Ok, most of these problems will probably be able to be fixed under warranty, but that's not the point, the warranty runs out in 6 months. I fear I will still be having these and possibly further problems fixed then.
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.