The saga of the jammed roof blind and non functional cruise control

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
CJS

Post by CJS »

After venting my spleen mildly about the above two faults to NCS and in this forum over the last 6 weeks my Qashqai was finally called for repair by my dealership. The drop off was cordial although the person booking me in did mention rather sourly that Nissan had been in touch with him. Well, it never hurts to complain if you feel you are being fobbed off! I also offered the part number of the sensor which I had been told by forum members was at fault. This was not accepted in spite of a clear explanation of the fault and a potted history of the bad part. 2 days later the garage rang to ask if I really needed the Qashqai back for the weekend as the person doing the repair had discovered the roof blind repair was "a lot of work". They also mentioned rather ominously that the car needed to go to the body shop. I wonder why? At least they would not charge me for the extra days for the hire car.
Oh joy! Picked within the original 3 day time frame. Unfortunately arrived at lunchtime so only the cashier was present. She charged me € 557:18 for the yearly service. She said the roof was fixed but had no idea if the cruise control had been repaired. I felt a pang of despair. On inspection the roof worked well although there were dirty fingerprints on some of the white trim - someone should have checked this. The cruise control actually worked but it was clear no parts were replaced.
It worked in fact for about a day - same old problem. So I will be calling the dealership again on Monday along with NCS. This was the third attempt at a repair by this dealership - not impressed. No doubt the saga will continue.....
Qashqai J11 1.6D Tekna automatic