Buy a Qashqai?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Paul4703
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Paul4703 »

Hi,
I had planned to buy a Mk 2 Qashqai second hand but after seeing the problems with this car posted on the web I am having second thoughts. The overall impression I get is that the earlier models have issues but the 2016 - 2017 cars are more reliable. Would you agree with this, or have the problems persisted?
Cheers,
Paul

Rob74
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Rob74 »

Paul4703 wrote:Hi,
I had planned to buy a Mk 2 Qashqai second hand but after seeing the problems with this car posted on the web I am having second thoughts. The overall impression I get is that the earlier models have issues but the 2016 - 2017 cars are more reliable. Would you agree with this, or have the problems persisted?
Cheers,
Paul
We had a qashqai 2 yrs ago & just like any other car it had silly issues like the lumber support reset every time I got out of the drivers seat, the windscreen misted up on start up if outside temp was below 10c & the heater took age to get warm.

Having said that we are collecting our new qashqai this week as it was still the best car we have ever had. You will find lots of people complaining about every car if you go on the forums for that brand/model.
What you need to remember is the QQ is the best selling crossover and has such will always seem to have more people complaining snot Nissan or more often the dealer & after sale service.

Go test drive a QQ & a Renault Kadjar & you will realise just how amazing the Qashqai is [emoji41]
2017 1.5dci Tekna ink blue
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

This is my oppinion also, although I would say the 2015 model appears to be ok also.
Paul4703 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:35 am Hi,
Cheers,
Paul
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Paul, I also tend to agree with Rob & Daewar. Ours is an Aug 14 Tekna and yes we have had problems but they have all been corrected by our Dealer without bothering NCS. We really like the QQ it is for us quite, easy entry, comfortable, pokey enough for us with the 1,2L, enough space, handles well, Safety features etc.... and the "Bells & Whistles" are all there especially on the Tekna. We are interested in the new J11B model but will wait until it has been around for some time and then look at the 1,6L.
What you need to do is to take a good Test Drive and give what ever you find a good thorough look over. If you have time you should use the Forum "Search" Facility and just have a read up and note the specific or problem points which you can keep an eye out for. As mentioned the Negatives are there but there are also a load of positives that are never mentioned and it can't be that bad when you see the Sales Nos. Recommendation - Go for it ! Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Qashpad

Post by Qashpad »

I was nervous of buying a QQ when I read some of the reports.
Had it about 3 months and the car is fantastic. The 1.2 turbo petrol is quiet and smooth and amazingly powerful for its size. The CVT box is first class
Time will tell obviously but buy wisely and don't think you will be disappointed
2019 Tekna+ , white 160 hp 1.3 litre with DCT auto box
Dtwo

Post by Dtwo »

Same here, my wife has a 1.2 auto tekna that was purchased new in September 2016. I was nervous after reading some of the reviews, just coming up to 4000 miles and no issues so far. Fingers crossed. I check the oil every week and it does not appear to have moved, air con cools very quickly (we never turn it off) and in winter the heater and heated screen and seats are perfect. Stop/starts works about 80% of the time which is about the same as my BMW X 1.

All in all very happy so far

Regards
Dtwo
2016 Qashqai 1.2 cvt pano roof mag red
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

My last 3 new cars have been Honda civic...meriva.....countryman cooper s...diesel and this is best so far don't miss mini s 2 Ltr engine power comes at low revs
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
twodogz
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by twodogz »

Got to say how chuffed I am with our new QQ. The 1.2 petrol engine is light years better than our old J10 1.6 petrol. It is much quieter, punchier and the extra gear makes a big difference. The ride quality and all round feel of the car is also much better. The 'toys' all work well and so far so good. Very impressed !
2023 J12 Mild Hybrid Xtronic N-Connecta in Storm White
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

The car is good with a few problems. However my experience sadly on the service side Nissan don't live up to a decent standard. It's a great car and the bells and whistles are very good. Hope this helps
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

No problems with my QQ which I picked, from new, in Dec 2016.

The fuel consumption is good and the car is probably the most comfortable car I have ever had. :D
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.