New Owner - Niggles

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
chrisnewbold

Post by chrisnewbold »

Hi all

Picked up my 1.5 diesel tekna in gun metal today. Mostly love it, but a few minor niggles and wondering if anyone has any experience of these?

First, as others have said, gear ratios take a bit of getting used to so doesn't feel quite as nippy as my old 1.6 c-max. When I push the revs to get some zip out of it there is a patch of engine rattle around 2500 revs. Overall I'd say it was a bit noisier and more diesel like than the c-max, which I'll learn to live with, but this struggle-y rattle doesn't seem right.

Secondly when I get it up to speed there is a massive whistle from the passenger wing mirror which disappears when I fold in the mirrors!

I'm sure I'll correspond on some of the other stuff -satnav etc - as I get used to it, but any immediate thoughts on these noise issues are welcome.

Thanks

Chris

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Id pop back to dealers mateI get wind noise around 90mph (on a closed private road lol) but no side is more noisy than the otherGears are crappy until you get used to them, I still say a 5 speed box would be better in that engine but ive not noticed an engine rattle of any kind (might be a plastic cover rattling etc you never know)Be prepared to take a demo out on test drive to compare
chrisnewbold

Post by chrisnewbold »

Cheers, Donkey. Will do. Lots to like about it though..

Got Connect working properly tonight thanks to PeterL's instructions.

No speed camera myPOI data though!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Yer ive still not found the speed cameras either although its all tickedBut wind and engine noise that you should nip into dealer say your car doesnt sound like your mates can they check it, should they say its normal then compare it to the demo carIts not the most quietest car by any means, the tyres and the ride height do affect it badly but that goes with the terrortory and ive noticed if your daft enough to open the window a crack above 50mph the noise drowns out the radio (im hoping the air con is up to it)How did we ever drive years ago all the time with all 4 windows wound down ill never know my car seems unstable with a window lowered
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Hi Chris congrats on the car. Can report that the wind and engine noise you are hearing is not common to my 1.5 so as Daz said pop over to dealer. You could always ask for a run in a 1.5 test drive car to compare?Good luck getting it sorted
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

korky

Post by korky »

Hello....congrats on the new car - no harm in nipping back to dealers
chrisnewbold

Post by chrisnewbold »

So I went to the dealer who sent out a technical guy to drive with me. All 'normal' including the 2500 rev 'grumble'. He said it was the turbo kicking in. So when the turbo kicks in it sounds like it struggles for a short second, then is fine. This may be true but it hardly sounds smooth when going up through the gears... Hmm I'll contemplate the next move. Might be imagining it but didn't seem as bad today. Maybe it needs to loosen up.

On a positive, I got alerted to a speed camera on the way home! Not aware I did anything to set this up..! Still waiting for evidence of traffic!

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Ive not had a speed camera alert yet lolMaybe suck it and see if it beds in quieter mate its a new car things do change but if it doesnt ask for a spin in demo just say your friends car does not have this noise and you notice it when travelling in itI thought turbo kicked in mush lower than 2500 but im no expert