Ahhhhhhhh-wits end now.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Sqashqai

Post by Sqashqai »

I have a 2014 mk2 Qashqai 1.5DCI Diesel. It has done approx. 77k miles. Just 5k out of warranty.

The car has been running perfectly and never skipped a beat since new. However on 23rd may I put the car into a local Vauxhall dealer (non Nissan as we are 100s of miles from one) for service and its MOT. A couple of days later and less than 100 miles later it developed the following problem:
Orange continuous engine warning light
Car lost power and went into limp mode.
I took it back to the garage and they ran a diagnostic on it and came back with the fault code P1453. They think that this could be an EGR fault. They couldn't be certain about this, but would cost £130 in labour to check it.
The EGR was subsequently completely replaced by the garage with a total bill of nearly 700 quid.
When I got it back it lasted about 30 mins of driving and then went back into limp mode.

The garage then did a DPF regen at a cost of about 60 quid, Still did not clear the fault.

The garage then investigated further and discovered that one of the sensors had blistered due to heat (apparently) and had to be replaced. Goodness knows what this will have cost..don't have that bill yet.
A month on and I still do not have the car back. And seemingly no clue as to what is wrong.

Does anyone have any clue as what to do here as I've had enough.?!!! We're currently using our 2004 celica with over 150k on it while the qashqai is at the menders. Unbelievable saga this, have never had anything like this in 30 years of driving!

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Sounds like you need to get it to a Nissan dealer that should have all the correct equipment.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Darklordmick
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Darklordmick »

I certainly would be arguing the toss with Vauxhall about the money you've paid so far...it seems they don't know what's wrong and are throwing bits at it to fix it..obviously no idea what the fault is...

Try and get something back...or at least try Nissan for a good will maybe?
J11 tekna in silver auto mirror and window fold
Updated double horn
LED interior lights
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sqashqai, as BullyBoy has mentioned, despite the mileage problem get it to a Nissan Dealer. There are lots of comments on good and bad Dealers but at the end of the day the Technicians are Nissan Trained so should have the knowledge, backup and equipment to at least diagnose your problem. If you have had all your previous Servicing done by a Nissan Dealer + the Service Book Stamps approach them they might well help you even if it is "Just" outside of the Guarantee, you never know.
Your problem now is you have no QQ :oops: to get to a Nissan Dealer, but you could ask for advice.
I would also seriously question the work, costs and the result from the Vauxhall Dealer - Best of Luck Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken