new for tips

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
jsajeba

Post by jsajeba »

Since in June I will be a new owner of a QQ are there any tips one can give to help keep the car at its best?ex any running in, keep the engine on for a few seconds when i arrive at destination etc etc

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Only tip I can give is put some nice clothes on hit the cash point go out and enjoy itA good mixed first 1K miles get the revs up and down the box and get the engine nice n hot with a few hours out and the engine will bed in nicelyIts a new engine and these need to bed in so a nice long drive if you can to somewhere nice and use the rev range dont be scared of itNever hurts when about to switch off let it run for 60 seconds but its a modern lump you will be fine
jsajeba

Post by jsajeba »

thanks Donkey
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

most important thing is remember your in a bullet proof engine as suchThese engines have been around a while and when new very strong you wont hurt itshort journeys are the main worry, when you go out and the engine barely warms up then stop, the engine needs to bed in so use it as an excuse to go somewhere for a drive, get to know your carNot saying thrash the sh*t out of it but then im not saying nurse it like a newborn child, just normal driving with lots of up and down rev range but the key is obviously get the engine to temperature so it all beds in nicelyRemember its under warranty so any problems its covered