Partial? Vehicle health check didn't look at AC

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Lt drebin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Lt drebin »

Recently had my qashqai in for a recall and the vehicle health check stated the AC hadn't been checked, guess what, the AC isn't working ( my wife noticed it, I just thought it wasn't very good) and now I come to think of it I really struggled clearing condensation even on max power all throughout the winter. So phoned CS and they eventually called me back and said they only do the "full" health check every 2 years and this explains why a full health check was carried out in Nov 2016 when in for major service but not March 2017 when recalled.

Obviously the cars just out of warranty so I'm wondering am I being paranoid or have I had my pants pulled down by Nissan here?

CS have said I need to get it looked at by my own expense

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I would push NCS in writing as it appears your QQ is a 2014 and this year appears to be one of the worse years for this Condenser Problem due to a Production Problem. If you have not already done so there is a large amount of data on this Forum with diagrams and photos. Copy these and approach again NCS or your Dealer even if outside of the Guarantee give it a go.
Use the "Search" Area Top LH Corner to read up on this subject - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
catnash

Post by catnash »

Mine had a full service for the two year one. Air con working 2 months later kaput. But the dealer in Neyland had given back the Nissan dealership. Awaiting Nissan customer service to ring back 10 days and counting.
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.
Lt drebin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Lt drebin »

Thanks Dave I'm aware of the condenser issue but I'm not a big user of AC so that might be problem also which I guess will result in the need for a re gas. My issue was they only carried out a partial health check whilst it was still in warranty and this has left me a little suspicious, has anyone else noticed this or does the dealer normally carry out a "full" health check every time the car goes in?
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I have checked our last Service Data Sheet which was the 2 Year Service and included in the cost is a comment (I have translated the German) that is under "Engine Compartment / Cooling System : Check tightness and condition". This to me appears to only be a visual check. If you look on the Nissan UK Web you will find A/C Servicing Charges stated as A/C Clean £29 & A/C Recharge £59, so it looks to me that you have to specify the A/C work as an extra - could be wrong Dave ;)

IMG_3854.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

DaveBerlin wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:11 pm I would push NCS in writing as it appears your QQ is a 2014 and this year appears to be one of the worse years for this Condenser Problem due to a Production Problem. If you have not already done so there is a large amount of data on this Forum with diagrams and photos. Copy these and approach again NCS or your Dealer even if outside of the Guarantee give it a go.
Use the "Search" Area Top LH Corner to read up on this subject - Dave ;)
Mine is a 2014 model, so I've obviously got an interest in the A/C issues. Was there a particular bad batch, was it a certain date range in 2014 (mine is October)? Just wondering..
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Our QQ is a Aug 14 model and when our Air Con went pear shaped it was the Air Con Condenser. According to the Stores Guys there was a back log of orders for replacements, but surprisingly we got a call after a week that one had arrived, it was installed and still works :D . The Service Guy did mention there was a Bad Batch of Condensers produced but no data given on over what period caused the leaks, but Nissan are obviously aware of the problem but need pushing - no Recall ! - Dave ;)