New Car Day!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

Pure RedQ wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:31 pm I got lazy and bought the auto. Have to fully depress break pedal to start but that's a good safety measure. Yes I find the acceleration quick and responsive. Although you can Labour a little in eco mode. But the revs stay low even when using the limiter up to 40mph. Enjoy that especially in town driving.
I was looking at the auto door lock too but need to do more research.
I haven't got an ECO Mode switch on mine, is this feature on Auto's only?

I've just done a search for the auto door lock and it would appear this feature was omitted on the J11 models for 'safety reasons', something to do with them being unable to guarantee that the doors could be opened in the event of an accident, so it's lock it yourself basically. I've heard on the radio about a recent increase in incidents of car-jacking so the locking all doors should be something that we all should get into doing as a matter of course.
J11-2016 Tekna 1.5dCi Bronze Metallic

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

There was an EU directive on speed lock and is why it's disappeared on many manufacturers including Nissan. My wife finds a particularly useful feature so I've got a plug in module that goes in socket above driver's legs which restores feature.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Baker69 wrote:I haven't got an ECO Mode switch on mine, is this feature on Autos only?

If you have an ECO switch it'll be in this location.

eco.JPG

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

Yeah I read that in the owners manual, I don't have this switch. The dealer said it can be changed in the settings but I've not seen anything to that effect?
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Ah, thought you might have overlooked it as it's low down.

I have an auto so will have to leave up to a stick-shifter to tell you whether the ECO function appears on manual cars.

Enjoy your QQ!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

I hadn't realised that about the ECO feature. I've four other friends with automatics so never realised the manuals didn't. Maybe it's the difference between petrol and diesel. Shame about the auto lock. I hire a lot in the States and it seems to be on most models no matter what the model. TBH I hadn't really noticed with the QQ, especially with everything being so quiet. Will just so the manual thing. Enjoy your new QQ. I'm 8 months into mine and still get a buzz when I get in!
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

As far as I have been able to find out, the Eco feature is only on Automatics.
Rob74
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Rob74 »

Baker69 wrote:As far as I have been able to find out, the Eco feature is only on Automatics.
I had a 1.6dci auto a couple of years ago which had the auto button.
I had a Renault Kadjar 1.5dci manual in February this year basically a qashqai (so they say) this too had the eco button so I was surprised when this 1.5dci manual QQ didn't have one.
2017 1.5dci Tekna ink blue
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

On the new (2017) model Nissan have now made it very clear, their advertisement actually states that the ECO button is only available on auto models.

I think there were a few instances where there were "odd" model configurations, my '62 plate Tekna J10 didn't have 360 cameras for some reason although they started fitting them as standard from probably '11 plate onwards.