New Car Day!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Rob74
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Rob74 »

I've no issues with the ride on mine & 90% of my driving is on b-roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 1.5dci Tekna ink blue

Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

Sorry missed your bit about road noise. Again I think road surface contributes to how much you get. I find that certain types of tarmac give a different feel with these tyres. I've had a love of Avon tyres with previous cars and found them extremely quiet as with Dunlop's too. As a matter of fact there is some wind noise caused as air rushes over the wing mirrors but as your windows are usually closed at high speeds it's not really an inconvenience.
Be interested to know if you can get the tyres/wheels changed. Not sure if another thread suggested it was not an option. Enjoy the motor. Be good to hear your thoughts. I love it and aside from the sat nav am extremely pleased with my QQ
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

No problem with ride quality at all with the 19" rims.
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

Well, we picked up our new QQ and took it away down to Somerset for the weekend. Very very pleased with it, it has performed flawlessly and have hardly noticed the slightly firmer ride with the 19's. The engine noise was very subdued on the motorway as was the road noise, a lot better than I was expecting, good mpg as well and it managed 61mpg over a 150 mile (mainly motorway) trip.

I didn't ask about swapping the wheels in the end, after what you guys have been saying and reading various reviews I was happy enough to go with the 19's, and I think it was the right choice in the end.

I've spent quite a bit of time reading the owners manuals over the weekend getting up to speed with all the features, I think I'm ok with pretty much everything but I'm sure you guys will be able to help on anything I'm not sure about! I've yet to tackle the Park Assist, it seems to be working ok but I'll need to find a quiet car park somewhere to test it out fully.

A very happy bunny! :D
J11-2016 Tekna 1.5dCi Bronze Metallic
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Thanks for update; do update your signature on forum with details of your model/ location etc.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

Will do, thanks Gel.
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

[quote: "aside from the sat nav am extremely pleased with my QQ"
[/quote]

What is it that you don't like about the sat nav?
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

Yeah I read the manual cover to cover but then again I do that with almost everything new! Park assist is a lovely novelty and you're right. A quiet car park is the best place to trial it. In real life IE parking on a busy road in traffic it is great but you rely on other drivers being patient enough for you to find the space whilst driving slowly and make the manouvre. Otherwise it's a fab car. Did a 50 mile run yesterday and used the cruise control for the first time- doddle. I use the speed limiter a lot in town too, especially in the 20mph zones that have cameras. Can't be caught out any more. A/C? Again very, very good. Ice cold in the recent hot weather.
Sat nav is simply cos the maps are a little outdated now. Other topics in here allude to updates on next service free of charge. I'll be pushing for that just before my first service in October. Aside from that great car. Glad to stuck with the original set up you'll love it.
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

Like you I also read the manuals over and over, I do like to know everything about them (not just cars I'm into all owners manuals, instruction leaflets etc!)

I will give the Park Assist a go, having the luxury in real life to perform the operation while a queue builds up behind is another thing. I'm still getting used to the 360 camera as my previous QQ Tekna only had a reverse camera. I'm used to using the Cruise Control and used it a fair bit the weekend, the speed limiter is good as well, as you say a very useful feature.

The AC is colder than my other QQ, I don't think it needed new refrigerant or anything I just think they've improved on it and have seen reviews saying that the AC on the J10 wasn't quite cold enough. Although it's the same size engine etc it definitely accelerates faster and the gear ratios are spot on whereas with my J10 you could get through half the box within a couple of hundred yards!

I've struggled a couple of times with starting the engine, it seems you really have to push the clutch in right to the floor otherwise it won't go into the start routine.

One thing I miss and I don't seem to be able to find in the manual is whether you can get the doors to auto lock after 6 or 7mph? This was on my other QQ and I really liked that feature.
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

I got lazy and bought the auto. Have to fully depress break pedal to start but that's a good safety measure. Yes I find the acceleration quick and responsive. Although you can Labour a little in eco mode. But the revs stay low even when using the limiter up to 40mph. Enjoy that especially in town driving.
I was looking at the auto door lock too but need to do more research.