First time poster - Qashqai ISSUES!!!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Judd
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Judd »

Hi all,

First time poster!!

So, I bought a 2014 Nissan Qashqai Accent Premium Di (Petrol), second hand, back in April of this year. The previous owners were a lease hire company. The car was first registered in January, so it is outside of its 3 year warranty. It has only 24,000 miles on it at the moment.

I took the vehicle to my local Nissan dealership last week for a major service - as it did not seem to have ever had one? Despite being 3 years old?

After the major service was complete, the dealership informed me that there was a issue with the timing chain - a common problem I read from Nissan forums...

So after the dealership had the vehicle for 2 days, and completed 6 hours of labour, I have just collected the car from them and it has had a new timing chain, a new gasket-rocker, gasket F.I.P and seal-oil crank (as per the invoice) - not a cheap job!!

Alongside these issues there still seems to be a spluttering/blowing sound when accelerating and a sporadic low level clunking/rattling sound (seemingly coming from the rear of the vehicle) all when driving - issues the dealership informed me would be sorted by this work being completed?

I know that this is the pit falls of buying second hand and/or not having a mechanic look over the vehicle before buying, as I have never owned a Nissan before, can I ask...

Are these issues common? and does anyone have any suggestions what the other issues could be?

Looking forward to any insight any of you may have and hoping that you have 'not' had similar issues...

Thanks in advance!!

david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

When you bought the car did you check the oil for how clean it was ....because if had been changed oil marks are left and the miles 24000 are OK for 1change. 2 x12500 services ....this engine has a history of oil use and people who have lease hire cars some times don't check oil and water ......not everyone ..your other issues could be brake related clunking..and I have admit not knowing much about this engine but maybe some of the other forum members will know....david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Craig_Broadbent

Post by Craig_Broadbent »

I don't like the sound of the sputtering engine. I think this is a dealer issue. They can put the diagnostics on and check timing etc.
The rattles should be possible to solve yourself. If you can get someone in the back of the car and find a rough road they should be able to press or hold things and listen carefully to locate the loose bits.
Normal culprits are seatbelt, spare wheel, and tailgate latch. If under the car then heatshields can rattle. They are the aluminium metal by the exhaust. They should be a good 15-20mm away from the exhaust. But take care as exhaust can get very hot.

Good luck
Craig