Sport / Normal Steering Mode

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

I knew it was there when I first got the car last year and must have tried it. This discussion prompted me to fiddle about again and I like it better.
only marginally heavier and "stiffer" as others have said but at the moment its my main choice for everyday driving.

Mad Maru
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mad Maru »

I wasn't aware of this feature and checked and it was already set to Sport since I got the car, I may see if I like the normal setting but if I'm honest I'm happy with the sport setting so why change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

I think both settings are good, perhaps 'Normal' mode for motorway driving and dual carriageways but 'Sport' mode for everything else?

In theory 'Normal' mode may be better for Town traffic (and parking).
J11-2016 Tekna 1.5dCi Bronze Metallic
Grumpyowd
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Grumpyowd »

Only had the car just over a week personally the normal setting seems to light the sport setting gives me more feel
sbrace06
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by sbrace06 »

Agree with the above
Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

I think it makes the steering feel heavier but I do not think it aids in the actual handling, more a false sense of feeling that it does.
Both modes just provide a different driving experience and need to be used for a while for you to adapt between the 2.
I keep mine in sport as it feels less spongy

I agree the method of changing between the 2 in the setting is very silly and a button near the gear stick would be much better.
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights