Speed Camera Alert?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

On my J10 QQ Tekna it had the Speed Camera Alert warning, which as I recall was very easy to locate and switch on through the Settings. I don't seem to be able to find this feature on my new J11 QQ, has this now gone???

I've done a search on the Forum and have seen various postings varying from it being withdrawn following a software update down to it being there but not being very audible and just being shown as a small grey icon somewhere down the bottom of the screen.

There is definitely no POI setting for Cameras on mine, is it something you have to upload via USB or some other method or am I missing something?
J11-2016 Tekna 1.5dCi Bronze Metallic

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

It's in there somewhere.
I had my saleswoman set every feature to "on" when I bought the car and it certainly alerts me to speed, traffic light and bus lane camera placements.

I find the search facility on here pretty good - it's the sort of question which must have cropped up before your question.
I'm in Spain without the car, so can't check
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

It is on there. As you say it is very quiet and the visual icon on the Connect screeen is very pale in colour and hardly noticable.
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

I've had another look, everything is "ON" but have turned the Alert from 'On' to 'On and Beep' so I'll see how that goes.
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

If you still struggling its either in Settings > Alert> Navigation > My POI>
or more likely in the Sat Nav Settings. On the screen tap NAVIGATION > GUIDANCE & MAP SETTINGS > MY POI WARNING > ON & BEEP scroll down to SPEED WARNING FOR CUR.... ON & BEEP (no idea what the CUR... cut off is. possibly current journey?)

Hope this helps
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

It's working now, thank you. The beep could be a bit louder though, is this adjustable?
elche99
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by elche99 »

Baker69 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:26 am ...Speed Camera Alert warning, .... not being very audible and just being shown as a small grey icon somewhere down the bottom of the screen.
I can confirm this : it is a shame , since in my previuos j10 qashqai there was a clearly readable text about the alert.
This is the present behavior with the free downloaded Speed Camera Alert.
What I would like to ask is if it is the same when you buy the Speed Camera Alert in the Nissan suggested site ( https://here.navigation.com/europe/ )
Anyone tried them ?
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

My 6 mth old qashqai did not seem to have a very updated sat nav it was not showing the latest new roads in our area and sometimes it showed no road at all, I emailed Nissan and they said they update the SD cards in August and I was due for a free update which they very quickly sent me, I went on line and they cost about £120! there were no speed camera alerts but it said you could buy that for I think £9 I contacted Nissan again to see if I could purchase one and was told that they did not now supply SD cards with speed camera alerts, the new SD card is still not fully up to date either and not showing all the new roads in our area.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Even new SD map cards are normally 2 years out of date. My 2016 updated card shows a local Esso that shut 12 years ago.
You can buy a speed camera warning service, that's updated WEEKLY from
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

My 2010 and my 2012 qashqais both had the speed camera alerts on the sat navs, I think they said it was for legal reasons they were not aloud to include them now, when they said I was due for a free update the fools actually sent me two by mistake so I have a spare with no use.