Suggestion and Feedback Needed Qashqai 1.6DIGT

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Umfundisi
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Umfundisi »

Hi All!

Hope you all are doing well!

Well I am looking to buy an used Qashqai and needed a little bit of guidance.

After seeing a lot of cars i made my mind to go for Qashqai. Initially i was open for diesel and petrol but after reading recent news around diesel cars in uk I decided to go for petrol version. I am looking this to be my family car. I have heard about issues regarding 1.2 engine iro oil loss, mileage issues etc so i am basically focusing on 1.6 digt. I just wanted fellow Qashqai owners to let me know if this car is good option if i am looking at small family car with potential running of 8-9 k miles in a year.

Are thier any issues related to 1.6 engines generally. I am planning to buy from Nissan authorised dealers and have booked test drive for one in couple of days. Are thier any critical things to be checked and asked regarding 1.6 digt used cars(15 and 16 plate numbers)?

Any suggestion is welcome and very much appreciated!

Regards!

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Firstly welcome to the Forum. Just to get your teeth in, take a look at the post below or try using the "Search" Facility for more. This post is not primarily for the 1,6L but it should give you some ideas what to look for. Regarding your comment on the 1,2L we have a 14 model and have never had an oil problem it appears it was batch related. I am sure a 1,6L member will answer you needs, enjoy your TEST drive - Regards Dave :)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3549&p=34703&hilit ... ing#p34703
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
NissanGB

Post by NissanGB »

Hi Umfundisi, we're so happy you're interested in the Qashqai and have booked yourself in for a test drive! If it helps you can also read independent reviews from current Qashqai owners here: http://review.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/vehicl ... ed_reviews Please let us know how the test drive goes! ^Molly
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Molly, just a quick and easy question are you an employee of Nissan GB ?. The reason I ask is there are many critisms of Nissan & NCS regarding the QQ problems, Dealer Attitudes, Guarantees etc ....
I live in Germany and have contacted both NCS UK & Germany but there is just no way to get through to Technical people or get questions answered. It would be interesting if you are an employee that the feedback from this Forum is actually being used. This is my opinion and perhaps other members see it in a different light - Thanks in Advance Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Dave, I've seen Molly comment on the other QQ forum a few times recently so hopefully some feedback is getting back to Nissan (finally). I'd be interested on what she/Nissan says about the satnav SD card update confusion.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Daz8172

Post by Daz8172 »

I have had mine since September 2015 and it has been okay apart from a few annoyments with the parking sensors when raining also beeping when going near hazard or cycle lanes. The 19" tyres are expensive on Tekna. Fuel MPG around 45mpg but can get up to 60mpg ( if you are very careful light footed around 65mph on motorway ) If you do a lot of town driving shop to shop around 38mpg.

The engine is good and you will be pleased to know there is no oil loss.
A bit bumpy though on 19" over speed bumps.
The keyless entry when you press the start button, that could be a concern because mine has been acting a bit daft in the last few months when it says press clutch down. The next thing you know it is saying warning incorrect key. Next time I am going for a key instead.

I purchases a space saver spare wheel with mine

Very good car to buy but some of the stuff on the Tekna I do not use like the parking thing which parks itself.

Very nippy if you want it to be.
Last edited by Daz8172 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nissan Qashqai, 1.6 dig-t 163, Gun Metal, Tekna, Pan sunroof, Spare wheel,
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

The new policy of free annual SD cards at the service, should be extended to all J11 owners in my view, including those of us who were early adopters in late 2013 early 2014, and suffered pain of early niggles. :x
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I agree with Gel above. The J11 was seemingly rushed onto the market before the little niggles were ironed out, not to mention being sold with the promise of this and that being added to the infotainment system then none of it ever became available. Pity really as you can now get many smaller, cheaper basic vehicles from other manufacturers that can do so much more!
chalky white

Post by chalky white »

Hi, I've had a 1.6 digt with 18" wheels for 18 months and I'm very pleased with it...the ride is smooth and quiet with very little engine/wind noise, fuel consumption is good getting 48 mpg on long runs and around 38 on mixed town/shorter journeys..Seats are very comfortable, recently did a 300 mile journey and didn't bother stopping due to not feeling tired or cramped.

It's been reliable except for a faulty exhaust sensor that was replaced under warranty. Having done 13,000 miles bodywork still looks good, interior is also ok and tyres still have plenty of tread left in them...No lose of engine oil and no niggles only downside there are loads of QQ on the road :)
QQ - N-CONNECTA DIG-T 163... 1.6 Petrol..
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

I no longer have the car but the car is good 1.6 dig t was a better option for me as it had a fair bit of grunt. Tekna had loads of kit and was a comfortable place to be. The panoramic roof was nice. Can't really fault the car good all rounder at a decent price.

My Nissan dealers service was why I left.

Good luck if you get a good dealer the car is great
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof