2015 Qashqai 1.5 Tekna - a few questions

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
chris78coleman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by chris78coleman »

Firstly, thank you to everyone who has contributed to this Forum. I've found it really useful when making a decision on my next car. I've always found that the research is as much fun as picking up the car. Almost!

I'm really excited to say that I've purchased a 2015 1.5 Tekna and am due to pick it up next week. It is just two years old and I found it at a main agent for another brand of car. It's in as new condition inside and out and the only work the dealer has done is minor work to the stunning alloys. They offered a really good deal so I said yes!

I have a few questions which are specific to this car so hope you don't mind a new post about them...

1, There is a year left on the manufacturers warranty. Should I extend it beyond? If so, with whom and how much am I likely to pay? I'm not used to having a car quite this new and have rarely bothered with a warranty. The dealer has quoted £699 for a further two years but this is not a Nissan warranty. They claim it's the best on the market - but doesn't everyone?!

2, I use a OnePlus mobile. I'm not expecting full connectivity and it's not recorded as a Nissan 'partner'. Has anyone got any experience of OnePlus? And are there any recent successes with NissanConnect (I've read the extensive criticism)?

3, The car has done just about 20k miles. Is there anything I should be expecting to be problematic at this mileage? Should I proactively look for faults to rectify, especially with the warranty situation?

4, People have mentioned software updates and recalls. Is anyone aware of any outstanding currently that this 2015 car may have missed having been sold outside of a main Nissan dealer?

I really can't wait for next week to arrive!

Many thanks,

Chris

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

WELCOME.
As long as its been serviced by Nissan the updates should have been loaded then;
these are free from Nissan, unlike other makes.

Check the service log book for stamps; if serviced at independent, expect hassle when progressing a Guarantee claim.
Don't know your mobile but it should connect fine via Bluetooth; I've an Android, but when plugged into USB socket it only charges; I can't see files.

Nissan Connect is very underwhelming to be honest and was never developed as promised; certainly on the Qashqai.

If model has the silver roof rails, check the end caps do not have paint issues underneath top coat; like many others, I've had mine changed frequently. Currently on 4th set, at Nissan's expense :)
The dpf seems to be self maintaining on this engine, and it will regenerate itself when necessary.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D