Headlamp adaptors for France

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
airconman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by airconman »

I've got a 2014 Qashqai with the new style headlights (Xenon?). I've bought headlight adaptors to drive in France but cannot make head nor tail of the instructions. Anyone done this already and can provide some simple instructions?
Thanks in anticipation,

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

airconman, take a look at this old Post there are a lot of facts and comments here. Just some advise if you need facts and answers please try using the "Search" facility first as it saves repeating the Post - Dave ;)

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1059&p=12309&hilit ... nce#p12309
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

If they are xenon there is a chance there is a switch / leaver on the back of the light that you can move to select left or right hand drive. I have this on my mini coupe, so there is a chance. Take a look, you may be lucky.
airconman wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:37 pm I've got a 2014 Qashqai with the new style headlights (Xenon?). I've bought headlight adaptors to drive in France but cannot make head nor tail of the instructions. Anyone done this already and can provide some simple instructions?
Thanks in anticipation,
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

There isn't a factory option for xenon headlights on the J11, they're either halogen or (on the Tekna) LED. If there are xenons in there, they must be aftermarket.

What type of adapters have you bought?
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic