Now I am not so sure.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
yozzer

Post by yozzer »

I've bought a lot of nissans 13 in total, a couple of years ago, I bought a vauxhall zafira (wheelcair for mum, pram for granddaughter, thought it would be the ideal car)it had about twenty different trim levels, and every thing you wanted seemed to be extra it lasted 12 months, got shut.
qashqai has 4 trim levels, no hidden extras, afar better car

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

i once cancelled a fleet order of 12 Insignias after a 3 month waitYou think the delays are just Nissan they all as bad if the model is just launched / relaunchedWorst of them for adding extras are Fords, if you go an buy a Ghia that used to be top of range but now you got Titanium and Titanium X none even come with floor mats and even top of range you can choose carries "extras"Nissan got it easy with 4 levels the only fault is clever wording in the brochures leading most of us to believe its either similar or equivilent to things we knowThe whole mess is to do with marketing they misread the demand they misread the anger over delays and totaly misread the need to update customers with factual informationBut they make a good car fire the marketing director i say
korky

Post by korky »

Ken - hang in there pal! I am and I've had a fair few issues in getting this car. Saw it today and even filthy it looked stunning...

Yes there'll be minor glitches as we've said in other threads but as a forum we can help each other identify any and help get sorted. Trust me I've thought about walking away but there is nothing else in the price bracket which is as well equipped..

It will be worth the wait...
flase001

Post by flase001 »

[quote="PeterL"]
"I will have my Tekna 1.6DCi CVT Soon. How did you find the CVT?How is the CVT? Can we have your personal experience of it?"I find it excellent with no sign of that rubber-band effect quoted by so many of the pundits. Whilst we have had many automatics, my wife is American, this has been the first CVT we've had. I can understand why it is matched with the 1.6, the extra power provides the smoothness I guess and it really does pull away well from a standing start - bit early to test out the standing quarter of a mile times but I'm fairly confident that 10 secs is easily achievable (funny not real world test). It is also very quiet, no engine noise at all really, bit of tire noise dependent on the road surface as you would expect but the overall impression is also good. There is a bit of lag when you put your foot down but nothing to concern me unduly and I guess that will be down the engine, not the CVT?Drives very well on side roads, sticks like glue and gives plenty of confidence, no body roll worth mentioning, not as much fun as a Toyota GT86 of course (that's what I really wanted truth be known) but the wife put her foot down. The fact that I'm still happy with my QQ14 speaks volumes!MPG seems to have settled at the 40mpg for the moment, most of my driving is the daily commute so that's not bad and I certainly don't drive in green eco mode. Compared the 26mpg of the previous X-Trail that's not bad at all.I'me sure you will enjoy the CVT when it comes. Hope that helps?
[/QUOTE]
Thanks Pete,It surely helps Can't wait for my new QQ14. Delivery date JULY :(Eric
Storm White Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci CVT
Crossover Pack,Utility Pack,White Side Mouldings,Illuminated Entry Guards,Removable Tow Bar,Black Alloy Gators.
Modules:Auto Folding Mirrors,Auto windows.
teknaken

Post by teknaken »

Thanks Korky.This thread seems to be going off track from time to time. I have received lots of encouragement to hang on in there so perhaps it might now be the time for a Mod to close this thread.Once again, many thanks to everyone for their encouragement.Ken
2019 1.3 Tekna Dig-T 160 (Automatic)
2014 1.6 dCi Tekna CVT Bronze Metallic - delivered 9/7/14
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

[quote="teknaken"]Thanks Korky.This thread seems to be going off track from time to time. I have received lots of encouragement to hang on in there so perhaps it might now be the time for a Mod to close this thread.Once again, many thanks to everyone for their encouragement.Ken[/QUOTE]KenI'd hang in there. I've voiced the issues I've had with my car on here and what I think could of been done better...as many have said it's easier to focus on what is missing or bad than positive...But...I'm happy with my car. It's excellent value, comfortable and once you are used to it a great car.We have to be sensible when buying a newly launched car that has gone through so many changes..there will be teething issues...as long as that is all they are then no worries.Hang in there.Mark
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014