Now I am not so sure.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
teknaken

Post by teknaken »

Ordered my Tekna CVT back in January and subsequently have been told not to expect delivery before late June.Meanwhile I am browsing the Forums (I admit to being a member of both) and seeing many people complaining of so many problems/niggles I am no longer certain that I have made the best choice of new car.Yes, it has all the tech at a very good price, but what is the point if it does not work correctly. I read a post the other day of someone who had been informed that the supplying dealer had gone out of business and if he still wanted a QQ he was looking at an additional 12 to 14 weeks delivery time.I felt sorry for the guy but in all honesty, right now, if that had happened to me I would have breathed a sigh of relief and cancelled my order.This will be my 4th new car, the others being a VW Scirocco and 2 Toyotas. From taking delivery of all three I never had any problems. The Toyota I have at the moment is going on for 4 years old and it has been back to the dealer 3 times only. Each was for the routine annual service. No rattles or sqeaks, nothing falling off, and everything working.Having experienced such reliability I just don't know what to expect when I take delivery of the QQ. Will the SatNav work? Will the numberplate fall off? Will bits of plastic trim fall off? The excitement of anticipation has well and truly worn off. I certainly hope I don't get one built on a Friday!!
2019 1.3 Tekna Dig-T 160 (Automatic)
2014 1.6 dCi Tekna CVT Bronze Metallic - delivered 9/7/14

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Oh dear, this of course is the problem with Forums, we seem to encourage the moaners rather than the happy guys. Having said that this is not a bad Forum at all and I'm fairly sure that with few exceptions we are all much in love with our new car! Be very interesting for someone to do a review of all the posts on here and grade them from a satisfaction point of view? From my perspective I do think the overall we are liking our cars but perhaps the waiting for it got to some people...
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

If it helps, there is nothing wrong with my car what so ever and I love it!! You will always get the "bad bits" concentrated on forums as people are looking for solutions. You wont get anybody posting "nothing wrong today", as its pointless! I do find some people are very picky on forums though. Some of the things found could have easily been identified with more research and having a good test drive. Some people are either too eager or are ordering blindly. Myself, I spent countless hours researching what other people thought, early common problems, the engines and also went on 2 rather lengthy test drives along roads where I commonly drive to ensure that the car was suited for me!
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

It is a worry though, even those who are happy overall post things like sat nav issues, bits falling off etc.I'm still excited about getting ours, tempered by knowing what things are not perfect and others that need checking on delivery.
tekna cvt mag red
yozzer

Post by yozzer »

Hi seems a long time to wait for your car. But please remember that this is a completely new model, and seems to be in great demand. The pressure at Sunderland and their suppliers must be great. There will always be teething problems, and I agree we only point out the bad points on the forum, but overall nissan products are very reliable, as I am sure that this car will prove to be just as reliable. In this case absence do not make the heart grow fonder. Hang on in there.
Deleted User 759

That's the thing, yes there are plenty of posts where people have discovered faults (although i'm sure some of them are reading manuals about features, and taking it as though that feature is available when that's not always the case and its just a "bulk" manual!). However, it allows you to compile a list to check when you take delivery of the car and before you hand over any money. That exactly what I did. There was a post either on this, or the other QQ forum (both forums having the same forum software and same skin really makes it difficult to remember which is which!!) where a guy had a scratch on one of the buttons on the steering wheel... I made a mental note and checked it on mine! It does seem that most of the issues found tend to be on the very early of the production line. These tend to get fixed as the model evolves and matures. You may have just got lucky with your last few cars. Its a lot of money I agree to spend on something and you want it perfect, but a car having so many parts problems cant always be foreseen, thus warranty's exist to sort out the problems! Your wait will be over soon and you will be a happy QQ owner :)
Deleted User 759

oh, and Nissan quality is good. I am now on my 10th Nissan and none of the previous ones gave me any bother, and any faults that did exist were generally easy to fix!!
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Just to say my car is awesome with no loose bits, no extra bits lying around and nothing fallen off. I moan about the Connect traffic not displaying on screen but if thats all I have to moan about then I am one happy guy.
If you are looking for a way out though then I wasted time typing...
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

You may well have read some comments on Nissan Connect, specifically to do with missing features? Actually they are there, it's just a case of familiarising yourself with the various menu systems and that would seem to be the case with most gripes. That being the value of a Forum such as this. My advice is to take all complaints with a pinch of salt, unless something really has fallen off the odds are that complaints are just a strange way of asking for advice? Time to find that thread and put those 'issues' right! Apologies to TC3 it was he complaining and he is one of the good guys.PeterL2014-04-20 14:26:45
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="PeterL"]You may well have read some comments on Nissan Connect, specifically to do with missing features? Actually they are there, it's just a case of familiarising yourself with the various menu systems and that would seem to be the case with most gripes. That being the value of a Forum such as this. My advice is to take all complaints with a pinch of salt, unless something really has fallen off the odds are that complaints are just a strange way of asking for advice? Time to find that thread and put those 'issues' right! Apologies to TC3 it was he complaining and he is one of the good guys.[/QUOTE]
I think you are right Peter as I was complaining about no traffic signs showing up on the route but I am being very picky. This being a new car it is going to have teething troubles in some areas and i am pretty sure I have either done something wrong and not set the correct things in menu or a software update will deal with the problem. I do hope these little niggles wont give the original poster concern as they are very minor in most cases
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal