Now I am not so sure.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Feeling you mate with the waitI also on this topic have a suspicous mind at some of these "walked into a dealer or found it online got the car in couple of weeks" as it goesDont forget some people are known just to troll forums who knows why some do what they do lolAs for the negative stuff even here one mans gripe means nothing to another man and dont forget the old Buyers remorse syndrome everyone feels at some point, you look you search you buy then next day you wonder did you do right thingIf in doubt go to another car dealership and go through motions mate its not ilegal remind yourself what light your fireFrom what ive read the guys owning the 1.6 actualy rate them more than the 1.5 and not heard anything wrong about the CVT sideThe delays and waits are bad but ask one question when you see someone get a car within a couple of weeks do you ever see them on the forum much after? and theres always a lucky one who walks in the day someone has cancelled an order but majority of buyers are waiting the cold hard waitOn plus side the residules will be high, dont forget in 3 years time when you change cars there will be a shortage of used cars keeping your prices up if you leasing or thinking of changing

teknaken

Post by teknaken »

Thank you Donkey
2019 1.3 Tekna Dig-T 160 (Automatic)
2014 1.6 dCi Tekna CVT Bronze Metallic - delivered 9/7/14
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

KenI think Donkey puts it well, not everyone on such Forums express themselves either well or fairly and this thread has certainly encouraged you I'm sure - believe us it will be well worth the wait and as you see I do have the CVT with the 1.6 engine it is a real pleasure to drive, quiet, punchy and all round, an excellent car.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

Happy Easter Matey
flase001

Post by flase001 »

[quote="PeterL"]You may well have read some comments on Nissan Connect, specifically to do with missing features? Actually they are there, it's just a case of familiarising yourself with the various menu systems and that would seem to be the case with most gripes. That being the value of a Forum such as this. My advice is to take all complaints with a pinch of salt, unless something really has fallen off the odds are that complaints are just a strange way of asking for advice? Time to find that thread and put those 'issues' right! Apologies to TC3 it was he complaining and he is one of the good guys.[/QUOTE]
Hi Peter,I will have my Tekna 1.6DCi CVT Soon. How did you find the CVT?How is the CVT? Can we have your personal experience of it?thanksEric
Storm White Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci CVT
Crossover Pack,Utility Pack,White Side Mouldings,Illuminated Entry Guards,Removable Tow Bar,Black Alloy Gators.
Modules:Auto Folding Mirrors,Auto windows.
oswmobo

Post by oswmobo »

I think the big problem is the wait. It gives people the time to spend ages trawling forums and reviews looking for information about there new baby. Then, as is human nature, they pick up on all the negatives they find and these are then amplified by others who are waiting asking for more detail on the problem. This gives the impression that it is a significant issue when in fact it isn't. For example people have complained about the audio output and others, who haven't had there cars comment on the topic resulting in a multi page thread. Weeks later these people take delivery of there car and comment that, to them, the audio is fine. As has been previously said wait until you get your car and make your own mind up.
oswmobo2014-04-21 11:20:40
1.2 DIG-T Acenta Premium Ink Blue.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

"I will have my Tekna 1.6DCi CVT Soon. How did you find the CVT?How is the CVT? Can we have your personal experience of it?"I find it excellent with no sign of that rubber-band effect quoted by so many of the pundits. Whilst we have had many automatics, my wife is American, this has been the first CVT we've had. I can understand why it is matched with the 1.6, the extra power provides the smoothness I guess and it really does pull away well from a standing start - bit early to test out the standing quarter of a mile times but I'm fairly confident that 10 secs is easily achievable (funny not real world test). It is also very quiet, no engine noise at all really, bit of tire noise dependent on the road surface as you would expect but the overall impression is also good. There is a bit of lag when you put your foot down but nothing to concern me unduly and I guess that will be down the engine, not the CVT?Drives very well on side roads, sticks like glue and gives plenty of confidence, no body roll worth mentioning, not as much fun as a Toyota GT86 of course (that's what I really wanted truth be known) but the wife put her foot down. The fact that I'm still happy with my QQ14 speaks volumes!MPG seems to have settled at the 40mpg for the moment, most of my driving is the daily commute so that's not bad and I certainly don't drive in green eco mode. Compared the 26mpg of the previous X-Trail that's not bad at all.I'me sure you will enjoy the CVT when it comes. Hope that helps?
PeterL2014-04-21 12:12:20
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Well said Tom, I looked on the forums read all the negatives and thought have i made the right choice? As you say, all the comments gets amplified, in the end i came away from the forum for a few days and got myself into a more positive frame of mind. I started with a list of cars and whittled it down to the one that suits my needs that is practical and is safe and the new Qashqai is the one for me. I read with interest about the new CVT as they have always had a bad name in the press, when you think that leonardo Da Vinci invented it (I didn't know DAF was around in his time) I would like to say a big thank you to Gill and Peter for reporting back on the new xtronic CVT, and to Dave for pointing out the aircon fluid issue. I have calmed down a lot and thought I will make my own mind up to how good the car is, and will report back on my finding, any negative thoughts of the car will be mine, hopefully it wont put anyone of there choice. Positive mental attitude
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
montimar

Post by montimar »

PeterL has said it all. The CVT is a brilliant auto and much better than my last car, a 5 speed auto Mercedes. The fuel cons is awesome with an average of 62.1 MPG over 600 miles.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
George17

Post by George17 »

I ordered mine (tekna cvt) on the last week in February, picked it up on Thursday 16th April,very, very pleased with it,
I must admit I am confused as how to get through the menus,to put the front end safety camera on,but hopefully someone posts on this forum how it can be done.

This car gives me a excellent feel and drive,I am sure I will work out the computer guide with some help from fellow owners.