Now I am not so sure.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Welcome to forum GeorgeI dont have all the cameras so cant help you but on the older QQ the cameras were only available when car was stationary

George17

Post by George17 »

Cheers for the quick reply,the new tekna is supposed to apply the brakes if you get too close to the vehicle in front of you,if you nod off etc,but I cannot work it out or get to the menu to switch on/off.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Not sure mate but it does workAll seats belts must be worn though in car if you google it it dont bring you to a complete stop as it brakes last minute it just reduces your speedI actualy set it off as i pulled out of showroom loads of bleeps and flashes but i was already standing on the brake pedalif you go into main menu in your car in dashboard after scrolling enter theres a few settings there you can play with including changing the colour of the car on your dash board lol
George17

Post by George17 »

Thank you,I have scrolled through all menus but been unable to get to the control to switch on/off the security for the front camera when travelling,I have tried everything that is on the settings but still been unable to see that control!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Sorry geaorge i was talking about the brake assistthe camera settings are in the media centre lolwhen the vehicle is moving all the cameras remain off im afraid you cant change them (although someone will hack it i reckon)
Philippe64

Post by Philippe64 »

Hey George, I dont think you can switch them on or off. They come on when they need to be on. When you engage reverse, the rear comes on and when you get to close in front, they too come on. You can manually turn the front ones on by pressing the "camera" switch near the touchscreen or if you want to use the brilliant park assist. For the automatic emergency brake, I would treat it as a last resort feature and wouldn't like to try it. And finally,for all of you who read so many horror stories about your dream QQ and who are wondering if they have made the right choice, let me tell you, you have. It is a brillant car and we love it.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="Philippe64"] And finally,for all of you who read so many horror stories about your dream QQ and who are wondering if they have made the right choice, let me tell you, you have. It is a brillant car and we love it.[/QUOTE]That probably reflects 99% of those who actualy have there cars
George17

Post by George17 »

Thank you,Donkey,and Philippe,I agree, having had loads of new cars (company and my own)this QQ is the best I have sat in and the drive is fantastic.
yozzer

Post by yozzer »

I've noticed that if you manually but the camera on when you increase speed it goes off, but when you slow down it comes back on again.
Trust me this has got to be the best car on the road, luxury, reliability, looks, efficient, all a great price . What a toy.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Ive said it al along its just the spec for the moneyLook at every other car and there spec comes nowhere near the QQ, its not even closeNissan your annoying me rate im going i want a payment for bieng forced to make keep praising you