sat nav

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Pandjh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Pandjh »

Rec'd Europe v1.1, so not the latest version. :(
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just some information on the QQ Manufacturing Plants (QQ / Rogue Sport USA) - Dave :)

1. Sunderland Tyne & Wear NMMUK
2. Saint Petersburg Russia
3. Wuhan, Hubai, China (Dongfeng Nissan)
4. Fukuoka, Japan (Nissan Motor Kyushu)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
hampshog

Post by hampshog »

Got mine, V1.1 but still doesn't show streets that have been occupied for the last 2 years
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Wonder how many they'd sell if they priced them realistically. At £109 I wouldn't even consider it. At £50, maybe. Guess that's why they find their way onto EBay.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

I emailed Nissan and told them that my sat nav on my 17 plate qashqai did not seem to be the latest version , They said I was due for a free upgrade and straight away sent me a new SD card, from France, its still not that up to date though with roads missing and showing roundabouts that no longer exist! the fools actually sent me Two parcels with Two SD cards!
Charlie Miller

Post by Charlie Miller »

Same for me johnboy. Got my new card from France just after Christmas. Hopelessly out of date, roads that altered nearby 12-18 months ago still shown in their original state. I emailed Nissan to query if I had been sent the latest map.

This was their response:-

Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services regarding Mapcare for your Nissan Qashqai.

In order to provide an integrated connected audio/navigation unit as possible Nissan has decided to have an external provider for map data – HERE.

The map data on the card might be from before the date stated as the map data is collected, checked and programmed during a longer time period for quality purposes. (This is the reason Nissan releases map updates once year as they need time to adjust the maps from HERE for our system usage like NC2Kai or Carwings)The map data provider, HERE, also relies on what data is being made publically available by all governments.

The SD card sent to you would have been Nissan Connect 3 Europe Version 2, this is the most up to date version of the maps we currently possess. The MapCare program entitles you to have map updates, free of charge, for 3 consecutive years. After the first SD card sent to you from, you will be provided with the next updates via your local Dealership on your next service.

If you wish to make HERE aware that there are certain roads missing from the current map data, ensuring that it it will be available within your next Mapcare update their Customer Services contact details are as follows:

Telephone: 08081 013885

I haven't yet contacted them and am wondering if there is any point in doing so.
2016 N-Connecta 1.6 dci Xtronic: Pano Roof/Rails: Heat Pack: Black Alloygators: Gun Metal.
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Spotted your Mapcare string so I contacted Nissan "Customer Service?". My Car from 3rd March 2016 had a map with the creation date 30/09/13 with data files from 2013 so not up to date at 2016.

They sent me an "up-to-date" SD card from France which was created 19/05/15 with data files from 2014. When asked about this they said it was the up-to-date SD Card and I could buy the "Latest" card from Here at £109. I asked about Up-to-date and Latest to which they replied, due to the age of my vehicle I was not eligible for the Mapcare Program. I asked for the date range of the program to which they replied vehicles from or after 1st May 2016. They did send V1.1 above but that is not the Latest which I would also interpret as Up-to-date.

I see others are also having the urine taken by Customer Services. I did mention to them that they were in contravention of the Consumer rights act 1st October 2015 which covers digital content that should be fit for a particular use and of satisfactory quality. There has been no response whatsoever to this email as they obviously think it will just go away.

Any one else with comments about this.

Watch this space.
1.5 Dci Acenta Premium, Magnetic Red, Towbar and 7 Pin Electrics, Spare Wheel, ALA Gap Insurance, Poor out of date expensive £109 Maps from Nissan