Interior lights not working, please help!!!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
andymanone
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andymanone »

Oh and yes found the blown fuse thanks it was the No22 10Amp . This fixed the interior lights, the ambient light around gearstick trim and also the problem with the headlights being stuck on in broad daylight when set to Auto. Does seem strange that it would affect the headlights in that way though. Thanks Hound (is that right?) didn’t realise this was all sent by you so again a massive thanks for taking the time out to be so helpful 👍

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

You're welcome. Glad it was a simple fix, and yes, I wouldn't expect the interior lamp fuse to affect the auto headlamps either - but all's well that ends well!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
andymanone

Post by andymanone »

Yes fixed the blown fuse thanks. It was the No 22 10A that you recommend. This fixed the interior lights the ambient light around gearstick trim and the problem with the headlights being stuck on when set to Auto. Only just realised all the replies were sent by you Hound so a massive thanks for taking the time out to be so helpful. I will tackling the rest of the interior lights at some point this week. Fitted some footwell lighting yesterday, only running it off the front 12v outlet but works very well. Would preferred to hard wire but as you can tell electrics really isn’t my thing. Plug n play suites me fine. Only had the car a week but fitted a lot of aftermarket parts which so far seems to be going very well other than the loss of DAB after fitting the shark fin. Still got a good FM signal so not a problem. Will be swapping out headlight bulbs etc in the next few weeks so there will be plenty more questions coming this forums way. Thanks again 👍
andymanone

Post by andymanone »

Hi Hound, all interior lights swapped out for leds, it’s easy when you know how !! Looks so much better than the standard yellow bulbs, thanks 👍
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

No worries... I actually prefer the softer yellower light as I find bright white LEDs too harsh in the cabin, so I used warm white LEDs to reduce the potential load on the Fiamm battery (it didn't stop it dying though!) PM me if you want to hardwire the footwell lights.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Mask
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Mask »

I have done exactly the same as the first poster but now the car won’t switch on. Battery is fine as it is brand new and all dash lights, heater blower and headlights work but car won’t start.

Not sure why it won’t start if only a fuse has gone but not changed it out yet. Which one will it be? 22 as above?

Help please. This isn’t the best start before Xmas!
ferevrfew

Post by ferevrfew »

Have also tried to change an interior bulb for it to light and then not work. The ignition now won't start or turn. Have called green flag out who were next to useless, then found this! Mask, did you find a solution? I'm assuming all i could have done is blow a fuse. Can not find the fuses behind the glove box. Some on the driver side and engine, am I just missing it? Would value any help as a very stressed single mum here!!!
Mask
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Mask »

Hi Feverfew, it was fuse number 22 on the drivers side. Pulled it and put a new fuse in and off I went. Hope this helps.