About to Order a new one... Couple of questions

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

phil_89 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:48 pm I too have a N-Connecta but unable to get high beam assist to work when in Auto...can’t seem to find any options in the menu for it either !

Hello phil_89 and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for confirming you’re having the same problem with the High Beam Assist on your N-Connecta like I am. At least I know I’m not the only one trying to get it to work! :(
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)

Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

Hound wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 pm High beam has to already be selected by pushing the stalk forwards. The auto setting dips the beam when required even though the stalk is in high position.

Hello Hound, thanks for the reply.

The Auto high beam function doesn’t seem to be installed on the new J11B models. As phil_89 has pointed out, there is no menu option to activate it. Pushing the stalk forwards doesn’t put it in standby mode (green light). It’s high beam (blue light) all the time when you push the stalk towards the windscreen. :?
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Ah, I was answering phil_89's post, thinking he was just new to the QQ and not having twigged he has a "B-type" as well. That'll teach me to read the user details properly.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
phil_89
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by phil_89 »

No worries - Interestingly mine is a early September version which appears to be the same as yours?
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Just looked at the current Nissan website for the U.K. and it is listed as being standard on the models you are all talking about. Maybe the issue here is that some of you are driving cars not built for the U.K. market!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gvmdaddy, been doing the same today on the Nissan UK / German webs. I found on both that the Spec listings state that for the Acenta it is an option and for the N-Connecta and above it is a STD under „Security & Safety Option“. The „High Beam Assist“ is also mentioned as part of the „Smart Vision Pack“ Option - Dave ;)
Is it something Nissan have missed on the Spec as I am still trying to get an answer from NCS on the LED Headlight Washer Spec that is missing but installed.
You might have seen these attachments before, but the „High Beam Assist“ is mentioned :

9454AA1E-79A6-45EE-BDEE-88045B728182.jpeg

5DEE1B06-CB89-4531-9A12-663A1382F01E.jpeg

D00701CA-1795-4357-9DED-44B019AE2FB2.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
FrankieB

Post by FrankieB »

New here but have been following this thread for a while.

Picked up my new QQ end of September this year. Noticed that I couldn't use voice control so did some googling and found this place. I am currently in discussions with Nissan (HQ) with regards to the voice control as Glyn Hopkins sold me the car (Tekna+) will all bells and whistles including voice activation. They say it is not their fault as HQ didn't notify them that it had been removed in these models from manufacturing! So to save going back and forth with he said, she said, I cc'ed in a managing director of Nissan UK and within a few days had a call from Amber from the managing directors customer service team.

Shall see what they say!

My opinion is it is dangerous having to use the touch screen if I need to make a call! I mean seriously you can get a ford KA with voice integration why would they remove it and go backwards in technology...

Also, I have to thank the contributors of this thread with regards to High beam assist! I didn't even know the car had it so was an added bonus to me!
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Sandgrounder wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:42 pm
Rob_S wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:33 pm
Sandgrounder wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:49 pm Hello Rob_S,

There is no voice control at all. The dealer pointed it out to me in the showroom when I collected my car. Pressing and holding down the phone button on the steering wheel only activates the Nissan Connect touchscreen - no Siri interaction with my iPhone and the Qashqai like there was on the J11A Qashqai I had before.

You have to use the 7” Connect touchscreen to access your phone’s contact list. Nothing appears on the information display between the dials in front of the driver 😕

The dealer is getting in touch with Nissan to see what can be done, if anything. He’s also going to ask about the Auto High Beam Assist as that doesn’t seem to be present either 🤔
Thanks for the confirmation :-(

If you do get it enabled, please post a message.

Will do ;)
Forgot to add, I've ordered the tenka+ 1.5DCi in Gun metal for delivery in March 2018.

Took a test drive and it seemed quieter than my existing car.

If anyone wants more support for the return of voice activated calls, count me in. :-)
Now 1.3 petrol Tekna + Gunmetal (Oct-2022)
Was 1.5dci Tekna+ Gunmetal (March 2018)
Was 1.5dci Acenta Premium Magnetic Red (March 2014)
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

phil_89 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:08 pm No worries - Interestingly mine is a early September version which appears to be the same as yours?

Yes, ordered mine in August, delivered mid-September. Sounds like our QQs were in the same batch on the assembly line and the high beam feature got missed off!
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

FrankieB wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:36 pm New here but have been following this thread for a while.

Picked up my new QQ end of September this year. Noticed that I couldn't use voice control so did some googling and found this place. I am currently in discussions with Nissan (HQ) with regards to the voice control as Glyn Hopkins sold me the car (Tekna+) will all bells and whistles including voice activation. They say it is not their fault as HQ didn't notify them that it had been removed in these models from manufacturing! So to save going back and forth with he said, she said, I cc'ed in a managing director of Nissan UK and within a few days had a call from Amber from the managing directors customer service team.

Shall see what they say!

My opinion is it is dangerous having to use the touch screen if I need to make a call! I mean seriously you can get a ford KA with voice integration why would they remove it and go backwards in technology...

Also, I have to thank the contributors of this thread with regards to High beam assist! I didn't even know the car had it so was an added bonus to me!

It seems odd that Nissan removed the voice control feature as it was present on my previous QQ from 2014. Oh well, perhaps a software update in the future might bring it back? :?

The icon on the steering wheel in my current QQ seems to suggest voice control is present:-

Voice control icon.png

My QQ from 2014 had two telephone icons to make and end a call which incorporated Apple's Siri Eyes Free (https://9to5mac.com/guides/siri-eyes-free/) but it did not feature the above icon on the steering wheel!