About to Order a new one... Couple of questions

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

FrankieB wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:14 pm Looking on the main Nissan website under technology for the QQ shows this... Not exactly 'hands-free'!

Capture.JPG

Exactly! Especially when you consider you may have to take your eyes off the road to fiddle with the Nissan Connect system to call someone! 😕
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)

subin

Post by subin »

Hi all,

Is there any solution to this (voice control) functionality? I recently bought a new QQ which has a voice call button. But after pressing the button, I only see (in the sat-nav display) another touch screen button to select the phone's contact list.

Should I report this as an issue to the dealer?
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Make sure you have the headlight switch in the auto position as if you have it in the headlight on position you can only dip the headlights manually.
RickT

Post by RickT »

New car arrived today..

The car has high beam was it fitted.. Ie push the stalk forward and get a green dipped headlight with a A in it present.

Car is a non led headlight car.
2018 Nissan Qashqai - 1.2 n Connecta + Pano Roof
FrankieB
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by FrankieB »

Hey All,

Thought I would give a quick update

I caved :( Received a £50 lovetoshop voucher from them 'for the inconvenience' - It was a very he said, she said argument and at the end of the day I didn't think I was going to get any further without bring watchdog or summing like that to the table.

For those interested, I am awaiting the release of this to hopefully rectify the problem!

https://goroav.com/pages/viva
Claroak
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Claroak »

I purchased a brand new Qashqai September 2017. I was under the impression both from the brochure and the manual that handsfree Bluetooth calling was a feature and as there is a button on the steering wheel had no reason to doubt this.. however after receiving delivery I find that this is not the case and voice activated calling is not available. Many emails to NISSAN resulted in me told to take it up with the ombudsman and that they would not do anything about it, basically live with it.
Had I been aware that this feature was not available I would not have considered the car at all.
It has now been in the hands of the ombudsman since the middle of October as yet heard nothing. Trying to get the vehicle taken back as not having the hands free makes the vehicle of no use to me.
I would advise anyone considering buying a new Qashqai to be aware that the advertised “hands free Bluetooth calling” does not include outgoing calling.
To say I am disappointed in Nissan is an understatement and they have lost me as a customer
Also on a completely different problem I needed a windscreen replacement and after taking the car in for the replacement found RUST! Under the seal, the car is 5 months old! This is now being repaired under warranty.
So all in all not a good experience.
I would advise anyone thinking about buying a new Qashqai be very wary!
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

“hands free Bluetooth calling” does not include outgoing calling.

Bluetooth calling !!!!! How can you call anyone if you are unable to make outgoing calls?????
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Devilrex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Devilrex »

I am in the exact same position and am in the process of fighting to get what I have paid for.
My car is in for investigation next week, for a fault that they know effects every single new series cashcow as well as xtrail.
I purchased this car knows it had handsfree and that i could safety make a call from my car is need be, but this is not the case. I can only manually make a call pushing my centre screen multiple times taking around 30 seconds to complete to get to one contact (not even the bottom of my list) all while eyes off the road and hand of the wheel. It’s also illegal!!!
I have been given a load of excuses, Nissan does not see me as a valued customer now as I have handed over the money yet they did not hand over the car I purchased, apart from the handsfree fault it also faults on camera going off at random while in traffic, apps don’t work, too bad if one doesn’t use them much I paid for them dam things, my maps are at least 2yrs our of date and that’s with them updated!!!

I’ve been told my manual is international so don’t believe it, I asked for the Australian manual they said there is none that’s it, i said If this is an international manual then why the problem world wide, they don’t believe it is, oh BS of course they know it’s world wise!!!
I’ve also been told that the car doesn’t come with Bluetooth then handsfree then told it does, I don’t think they know what the hell they are selling.

I made a video as to how Nissan expects me to use handsfree, or course it was not handsfree but they are mind fk Customers to believe this is handsfree and is safe.
Prides themselves on safety!!!

Now I have to make a call from my brand new car that apparently has handsfree but it doesn’t work https://youtu.be/zGki5QU4kbY