What is the warranty on the battery?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Isn’t the warranty period to cover the parts and Labour that breakdown in that period. If a part is defective within the warranty period then it’s covered by the warranty, if the dealer cannot rectify the issue until the warranty has expired then that is immaterial.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.

fat controller

Post by fat controller »

That is what I would have expected from a warranty.

Surely if their warranty is so strict that it should be strict in all terms?
1.5dci Acenta Premium
Wishlist: Autofold Mirrors, Chrome body trim and Metal sill protectors;

PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

fat controller wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:29 pm That is what I would have expected from a warranty.

Surely if their warranty is so strict that it should be strict in all terms?
Nissan could simply avoid any warranty claims by stating they don’t have the parts or they are unable to fit them, they could keep stating that until your warrant runs out. That’s certainly not in the spirit of a warrnty.

Does anyone have Nissans warranty T&c’s?
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

From the nissan website, it specifically refers to parts or components failing within the time period.

As such we supply a Nissan pan-European Warranty for each new vehicle sold, registered and operated in European countries where authorised Nissan dealers are located. Within the period of time or mileage specified in each section below, an authorised dealer will repair or replace, free of charge, those parts or components which are covered by the section's description and which may prove defective.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Well, I don't understand why were you waiting with all the issues till warranty expires? Write all the issues down in the email, send it to the dealer and NCS in copy, but still in 3 years period stating that you want to have all this fixed latest dusing guarantee inspection. Also send exactly the same email to other dealers around. In all honesty, it is just your own mistake that you were waiting 5 min to 12 and now you expect that everyone will expect you with warm welcome ;)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

duncho - the only real issue to be resolved is the Stop/Start System (so battery) fault; that fault only occurred toward the end of last week, and I called the dealer as soon as I could, booking the service at the same time; I am good, but even I cannot report a defect before it occurs :mrgreen:

The paint is what it is - every QQ is the same, and there have been a number of posts on here about it; never going to be resolved as it is simply a characteristic of the car/brand. The low speed knock, I am fairly sure that it is pads slapping about in the calipers - again, not a lot that the dealer can do about that, and I assume that it will go away when I have new rear pads fitted at some point. The trim issues are simply just wee plastic rivets that seem to want to pop out - they push back in, and when pushed back in, there is no fault for a dealer to see; indeed, all the dealer would do is to push them back in.

The car was back in at the dealer earlier in the year (May / June I think) for recall work on the rear wheel arch liner - had the battery defect been apparent at the time, or indeed the low speed knock, I would have asked them to take a look at it. The only work that the car has had done outside this dealer is a set of tyres (got those from BlackCircles) and a set of front brake pads which I fitted myself; it has been serviced by this dealer throughout my time with the car, not least as I took out the service plan when I first got the car - and the car currently has just under 24k on the clock. There are no other Nissan dealers nearby, so no point sending an email to all and sundry - I have the booking confirmation for the service, and the dealer has recorded the two main issues that need to be looked at on their system. If they fix them under warranty, then great - if not, I will fix them myself. My main gripe I suppose, is the attitude of the dealer when a defect was being reported during the warranty period - yes, it was days before the end of the warranty period, but it was (is) still within the warranty period.

The whole time we, all of us, accept that this sort of thing is par for the course when it comes to dealing with cars, dealers and manufacturers will continue to get away with it - and it is common, even going by the number of posts on this very forum.
1.5dci Acenta Premium

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

fat controller wrote:My main gripe I suppose, is the attitude of the dealer when a defect was being reported during the warranty period - yes, it was days before the end of the warranty period, but it was (is) still within the warranty period.
That's why I said (in post #7) that you should contact NCS and (hopefully publicly on Twitter) embarrass them with the news that one of their dealers told you they would deliberately not log a current fault until after the warranty has run out.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Hope you get it sorted so your happy... I think Nissan will come thro. and sort it out for you .....Let us know.... can't understand why dealer can't stick a battery on for you to test 10 min job.....david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
duncho

Post by duncho »

fat controller: if S/S is the only problem, just send an email with NCS in CC and ask dealer for fix. If fault is reported during warranty and dealer books your car in before warranty expires, it doesn't matter when you bring it in after it already has expired. It is not your fault that they were busy and could not look at it when fault has occurred.

I can offer you my S/S reversing module so that you avoid any SS issues in the future ;)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Ah, now the Twitter idea is a good one - I had missed that! That would put a 'date' on it too. I am slap bang in the middle of repairing a friends laptop (fluid ingress, not pretty), so will get onto that later.

Thanks guys :)
1.5dci Acenta Premium