Key less stalling the car

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Nikki2811
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Nikki2811 »

Hi

I have just brought a n-connecta 2016. Today I stalled the car on a busy junction but took me ages to start it, so dangerous.

Could you tell me if I stall again how do I restart quickly

Thanks

fat controller

Post by fat controller »

The first thing is not to panic - it is actually nothing to do with the keyless bit; when you stall, all you need to do is put the clutch to the floor and it should start by itself; if not, hold it in, dab the start button once to turn off, wait a split second, and dab the start button once more to start. If you do this with the clutch in and your right foot on the brake, as soon as the car starts you will be able to take off, as the handbrake will release as soon as you pull away.

Oh, and I would like to bet that you will only stall it one or two times more before you are used to the car.

Remember, anyone who starts blowing their horn at you etc in this situation - it is THEM that has the problem, not you.

PS - Welcome to the forum by the way; really nice bunch here :)
1.5dci Acenta Premium
Wishlist: Autofold Mirrors, Chrome body trim and Metal sill protectors;

Nikki2811
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Nikki2811 »

Thank you just felt like a bit of a wally !!
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Don't worry, we have all been there once in a while :)

It takes a wee while to get used to any new car, let alone one with all the electronic wizardry that the QQ has. Hope you enjoy your new car, and look forward to seeing you around the forums :)
1.5dci Acenta Premium
Wishlist: Autofold Mirrors, Chrome body trim and Metal sill protectors;

David Soren
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by David Soren »

fat controller is correct. Try to remember that when your car stalling again. But you should also take a look on the heat meter, and don't forget to check the water. All the best.
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

And keep a check on your OIL ....but stalling we all been there...david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car