BRAKES FAILED!!! CRASHED

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
RickT
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by RickT »

Did the brakes work again once the car was restarted post crash ?
2018 Nissan Qashqai - 1.2 n Connecta + Pano Roof

QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

PJB729 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:25 pm Is the foot brake still the pedal in the middle ? :)
The car is an automatic.

So NO.. not the one in the middle ;)
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
jJLqashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by jJLqashqai »

My Qashqai also suffered brake failure. Also an automatic. Both the accelerator pedal and brake pedal failed whilst going down hill at around 40mph. Extremely concerning. The handbrake worked however and I was able to emergency stop this way. My local Nissan garage is pretending it didnt happen and only because the car wont start again properly are they looking into the fuel injection system. MODEL: qashqai N Connecta, auto box, latest model
Krissy
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Krissy »

Hi

I have just suffered the same issue. In fact this has happened twice now, once when I was on the motorway in cruise mode and went to brake and the brakes didn't work and the car was still in cruise mode which its not supposed to be once you brake. Within a few seconds the brakes kicked back in and it was ok.

This second time was a lot worse. I was going down a hill and they failed so I pulled up the handbrake and the car did not slow down and the handbrake just squealed at me. I then tried pumping the brake pedal as hard as I could as fast as I could and nothing. I ended up hitting the car in front of me, fortunately only trading paint as they were moving but just a little slower then me and then all of a sudden the brakes started working again and I was able to pull to a stop.

My husband came out to me and took the car out and tested the car with brakes and handbrake and it was all working fine. He has been driving the car as well as me and it hasn't happened to him, only me.

I can understand if I got muddled up with the brake pedal and clutch but I have been driving or years with no accidents and if I was on the clutch it would have disengaged the engine and slowed the car down a bit but what has me even more confused is that the handbrake should have at least slowed me down somewhat and it didn't and thats what makes this so difficult to understand as I know handbrake is mechanical and brakes are hydraulic, two different systems so what could cause both to fail?