Unimpressive reliability.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Albousdunderbore
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Albousdunderbore »

Apologies if this is in the wrong place,

I have owned my j11 Qashqai 1.6dci130 ntec+ for just over a year now.

In the past 6 months alone it has had to have 4 faults rectified.

1 - 2x alloys replaced due to bubbling and corrosion under lacquer of the diamond cut alloys, replaced under warranty after a wait of several weeks for a decision from Nissan.
2 - Failed battery, leaving vehicle stranded in a dangerous location and unable to be started or even moved (joys of an electric hand brake). battery replaced by Nissan Assist (RAC).
3 - Hesitation whilst running, power would drop and then recover, no engine MIL showing on dash, hesitation while accelerating also. Checked and MAF sensor diagnosed as faulty, replaced after a two week wait for permission from nissan!
4 - AC stopped working, dealer diagnosed as no refrigerant in the system, £150 bill to have it gassed up, NOT covered by warranty apparently!!!! system was leak checked but apparently it was ok, with no leaks detectable????

Apparently it uses some fancy refrigerant gas prone to leakage???? Thats what the dealership said anyway.

Im not a happy bunny. Absurd to have it so low on refrigerant at less than two years old. Coupled with the other faults, this is the final straw for me. I work overseas and the vehicle is used by my partner while I work away,

We need it to be reliable, especially as we are expecting our first child and winter is finally approaching and my partner uses the CashCow to commute to work in, in the winter!!!

I have already taken out an extended warranty on the vehicle as we had planned to keep it and run it till it was 5 years old. Suffice to say, I'm now looking elsewhere, we have both lost all confidence in the vehicle.

chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

You need to get that AC checked and probably complain to the main Nissan customer services as it is a WELL KNOWN problem that the condenser on the J11 is faulty. Many many people on here have had it replaced under warranty. Do a search of the threads.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

The refrigerant gas is EU mandated (who else!).
Hugely more expensive/ few manufacturers driving up £, and it's more flammable.
(That makes sense to Brussels obviously).

All producers now have to use, save one German manufacturer
who refuses..and gets away with it.
I wonder why it's allowed; you can be certain no other country would get away with it.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, why do you not mention the German Supplier, it is Mercedes Benz that you are refering to and why because they thought it had “Safety” issues. I think you have followed all the relevant points raised on the Forum since 2014 on this EU implemented Fluid and yes there were a load of “ifs & But’s“ regarding its “Safety” which still are there.
Was you informed in fact of the change when purchasing your QQ, because that was when I started questioning NCS and reading up on it and in fact how many members really knew the Issues.
It was agreed by this „German“ Co. to implement this Fluid in 2017 on all but 2 models MB developing their own method) 2 years ago - Over & Out Dave 🙄

Please see the attachment : https://www.ihs.com/country-industry-fo ... 0659106922
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken