Wind Noise

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
QashQaiSteve

Post by QashQaiSteve »

Hi All, The first drive of my new QQ few weeks ago I imediatly thought, "where is that wind noise coming from" Once I hit 35mph / 40 mph I'm gettign wind noise, I keep checking the window is up and i cant feel any draught coming through so I put it down to wind going over and around the wing mirrors, but its rather annoying. I read a post just earlier about someone commenting that their drive is quiet and hardly any road and no wind noise so now i'm starting to think its not normal.... does anyone else have the same issue or are you all driving around nice and quiet without andy no wind noise at all?
QQ 1.6dci Acenta Premium Ink Blue

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

On the test drive of the petrol, and to some degree the diesel, i found that wind "noise" was about all you could hear in the cabin above 60mph.That was with the music off and even then you could converse with people in the back without an issue.It was mostly coming off the mirrors as best as i could tell but i didn't find it particulalrly bad.Certainly the suspension on my old leon, and the engine in the previous touran were easily more intrusive.I suppose it really depends what you are like with noise and i'd be surprised you didn't pick it up on a test drive?
Nissan no more...
montimar

Post by montimar »

When driving on a calm day I don't hear any wind noise but when driving in high gusty winds I get some noise from the wing mirrors either driver side or passenger side depending from which quarter the wind is blowing from.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I get tyre noise but to be expected especialy when at speedive noticed the smallest crack of the window open and you loose ability to hear radioIve tried driving down motorway to answer this question for someone else who had a door gap too large and folded my mirrors in and didnt notice any wind noisenot saying there was no wind noise just saying it wasnt something I picked up onI normaly sit 85-90 on private roads and cant say its any worse than other cars of its type to be fair
chrisnewbold

Post by chrisnewbold »

Steve,

I've got a whistling noise coming from my passenger side mirror. Starts up at about 50 mph. I know it's the mirror as if I fold them in manually it disappears. Is this similar to yours? Have mentioned it and might drop it in to see if there's a gap they can plug. Small problem, big noise!

Chris
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I'd say there are some noises at the back of my car, but only what I'd expect from a car of this size etc.I've driven at "various" speeds and not had any issues with noise from the mirrors etc.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
QashQaiSteve

Post by QashQaiSteve »

hmmm, yer I get a whistling type noise, but i havent tried folding the mirrors in, I'll try that when im out in it next, I might also try being a passenger adn see if i get the same noise on passenger side or not. its not really bad, but its certainly noticable, and made me wonder if there was a fault.
QQ 1.6dci Acenta Premium Ink Blue
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Might be mate or it might be one of them noises that catch your attention and no one elsesif you hop in passenger seat start pressing things as its driven maybe try and pin point itIf you stick finger in one ear might actualy help you pick location up take some furniture polish with you and spray the door rubber and window seal (easier to wipe off than oil)I had one of them noises that use to rile me, divorce was expensive but so worth it lol
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hey folks,the reason of annoying noise coming from windows is caused by a tiny gap on the mirror rubber sealing. I'm not sure whether I commented it on this forum already, but details can be found here
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Paul1.5

Post by Paul1.5 »

I am noticing the same whistling above c60mph on my new QQ (delivered last week). Will need to check if I have those gaps on my mirror casings. Has anyone who has had the same issue raised with nissan? Or any fixes over and above Sellotape over the gap?
2014 1.5d Acenta Premium Magnetic Red