Wind Noise

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
chrisnewbold

Post by chrisnewbold »

Hi Paul

Yes I've had the same issue. It's stopped by folding in the mirrors! Took it into the dealer last week and they said it was a known issue and Nissan had issued a fix. However the fix hasn't worked so looks like it's going back again!

Chrischrisnewbold2014-07-31 20:49:43

lookatbowen

Post by lookatbowen »

[quote="Paul1.5"]I am noticing the same whistling above c60mph on my new QQ (delivered last week). Will need to check if I have those gaps on my mirror casings. Has anyone who has had the same issue raised with nissan? Or any fixes over and above Sellotape over the gap? [/QUOTE]
Yes, I have raised the issue with my Nissan dealer. Even told them its a known issue with a certain batch of QQ (found on another website) and that Nissan had a fix. The garage doesn't like it when customers tell them about problems - I can see that.I also taped up the gap, which resolved the problem. The issue I have is the passenger side is perfect but the driver side seal has the gap. I shouldn't be sealing it up with tape. It should be like for like on either side. I showed Nissan the gap, they took three weeks to get my car back in and they replaced the mirror, but didn't fix the gap. When I saw the new mirror with a gap I told them its not fixed and they were adamant it was fixed and had been tested. They were definitely telling porkies. Anyway it wasn't fixed and I told them it needs to be sorted. (in writing). After another 2 weeks wait I have a meeting with them tomorrow. A comparison meeting what ever that means. I am sure they are going to try and prove to me in the way of comparing a QQ that doesn't have the problem against mine that does, like that is going to prove anything. I want them to fix the problem. I have done my own investigation and looked at other 2014 QQ's and most have the issue. I have photos for proof. Going to be an interesting meeting.Other problems I have experienced on the passenger side - a whistle noise at 30mph+ coming from the arm of the mirror (gap between mirror and arm) causes a whistle. Very loud at 50mph-100mph. Folding in the mirror stops the noise (obviously not a practical solution on the motorway).
lookatbowen2014-08-01 14:00:11
Take a look at what Bowen is driving (Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.5 DCi).
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Do you actually have pics of this Gap for eg the good side and bad as a comparison as I would like to take a look at our QQ when we pick it up next week. I would appreciate if possibie Thanks Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
chrisnewbold

Post by chrisnewbold »

So my qashqai supposedly had the wind noise fix Nissan are aware of, but the whistle is still there so I agree with others that there are two separate problems here.. This is the gap I've identified and taped up for now. Taping other gaps doesn't fix it so I've definitely isolated it as the horizontal gap between the mirror and the arm!

Hope this helps others.

Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

I don't appear to have a gap here, at least it's very small have you a picture without the tape, as I have no abnormal wind noise
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
sanch3z

Post by sanch3z »

I heard this noise on a test drive and the sale assistant said some come out of the factory ok and other aren't great. He told me there are three plug holes between the mirror body and the car which aren't filled so if customers bring the car back they remove the mirrors, fill the holes and it is sorted. Reading this i'm not so sure and am worried about buying a £25k car with an annoying wind noise!!!
deniz

Post by deniz »

I have the same problem and planing to fill the gap (where ever it is) with "UHU patafix invisilbe"or "Pritt Multifix clear" transparent glue pad. See if I got any good result out of it. It is shame that Nissan does not do anything about it.Thanks for the posts everyone.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Wrap the gap with yellow highlight tape and write on it "Sh**ty Nissan" if they don't willing to solve the issue, do them negative campaign (as suggested in this article)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
luiscana

Post by luiscana »

hello QQ ownersJust to let you know that I have the same issue on my new Nissan 1.2 QQ.... I took it to the aftersales dpt where I bought the car and technician drove it and confirmed my complain. He said he need to put more seal and foam on the mirror holes. so... I leave it for one day and when I tested again it was the same or even more noise.... they told me they proceed as instructed by Nissan Technical center (UK) and can not do more to solve the problem... really disappointed...I have open a formal complaint with Nissan Co directly and waiting for the "results" of their inquires.... I encourage you to do the same so they notice there is something not rightly done and we can receive appropriate solution!
jonredding

Post by jonredding »

I have noticed the wind noise too. It's really annoying especially when you have to turn up the radio to drown it out. I have no idea where it's coming from and want to find the solution but nobody seems to know what to do about it...