Wind Noise

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
luiscana

Post by luiscana »

Jon, I bought the car in Lausanne Nissan Lehman RRG and the service is awful.I took the car again even after having my formal complaint with #NISSAN SUISSE rejected.... and nothing changes.. still the noise there and only solution is to turn on the radio.passenger seat side also with same issue so at least in stereo :)... What a difference with the after service in Japan, silly me I thought I would get the same level, not at all... they just sell you the car and voila you are on your own ....

Mr Jones

Post by Mr Jones »

I have had wind noise since buying a 14 plate j11 model of the qashqai.
After 3 garage visits to the Cardiff dealer this Wednesday I take it back again now with Nissan head office onboard looking for a solution to this fault.
We will see how this 4th and final fix attempt goes.

Nissan have fully accepted there is a faulty batch of 2014 cars that suffer an unknown wind problem. My car also has the tell tale gaps between the body work and plastic mirror moulding - this must be a fault!!!!
Will let you know.
Ps. I got on to Twitter/Facebook to get Nissan to acknowledge the issue.
Mr Jones,
Wales.
J11 Q owner 14 plate.
Qash

Post by Qash »

I drove 4 different QQ to test wind noise, all with the same problem and Nissan workshop tried to seal all holes without results. It's about bad aerodynamics and poor chassis fits, nothing local workshop can fix.
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Ive got a theory regarding this issue but would like to check it out over the next couple of days.
Mr Jones

Post by Mr Jones »

How do you know this? what is the comment based on?My QQ is in the garage in Cardiff tomorrow (4th time) but this time Nissan HQ on on the case to to fix the fault prior to returning it un fixed! I speak regular to the CEO office customer team and they say there is a fix. I hope for their sake there is, or I will be rejecting the car.
Mr Jones,
Wales.
J11 Q owner 14 plate.
Mr Jones

Post by Mr Jones »

[quote="Mr Jones"]I have had wind noise since buying a 14 plate j11 model of the qashqai.After 3 garage visits to the Cardiff dealer this Wednesday I take it back again now with Nissan head office onboard looking for a solution to this fault.We will see how this 4th and final fix attempt goes.Nissan have fully accepted there is a faulty batch of 2014 cars that suffer an unknown wind problem. My car also has the tell tale gaps between the body work and plastic mirror moulding - this must be a fault!!!!Will let you know.Ps. I got on to Twitter/Facebook to get Nissan to acknowledge the issue.[/QUOTE]
So D-day tomorrow and the car is booked in with Nissan CEO watching Cardiff Nissan's every move - mainly due to their horrific lack of customer service (only the law prevents me from naming/shaming) so we will see if on their last attempt they can in fact fix this issue. If not the car will be rejected. If that goes no where, the car will be sold asap and Never will I have a Nissan again. War will also be declared over social media, as this was the method of comms that took me to the CEO's office within 3 hrs of starting to communicate 3rd failure of garage to fix fault... So Cardiff Nissan & Nissan HQ, over to you, dazzle us Nissan owners that employ you - and please fix this fault!
Mr Jones,
Wales.
J11 Q owner 14 plate.
P.H

Post by P.H »

Hi all, I'm also getting wind noise. But when I retract the mirror's whilst driving the noise is still there.
Mr Jones

Post by Mr Jones »

My noise wasn't related to the mirrors.
Car was in garage and had several fixes applied. After asking several managers what was actually done I got the following answer.

The fault is formally recognised and there is now an official fix which involves your local dealer contacting Nissan hq for what is described as s live chat session with hq experts. They then applied several fixed to my car, the last being stripping both side mirrors and rebuilding with new deals in the gap in to the car, where I assume the electrics are all fed? What ever it is it appears to have worked.

I suggest anyone with the same sound of wind fault contacts Nissan direct via Twitter AND Facebook this hot my fault escalated to the CEOs office support team within 2 hrs. They were great. The support from Wessex Nissan was abismal and poor beyond belief.
They had to be forced to do the work by Nissan - that is how it appears to me the customer anyway.

Good luck, be polite but direct on social media - it is public and almost instant.
Thanks.
Mr Jones,
Wales.
J11 Q owner 14 plate.
8t8

Post by 8t8 »

Mr Jones wrote:My noise wasn't related to the mirrors.
Car was in garage and had several fixes applied. After asking several managers what was actually done I got the following answer.

The fault is formally recognised and there is now an official fix which involves your local dealer contacting Nissan hq for what is described as s live chat session with hq experts. They then applied several fixed to my car, the last being stripping both side mirrors and rebuilding with new deals in the gap in to the car, where I assume the electrics are all fed? What ever it is it appears to have worked.

I suggest anyone with the same sound of wind fault contacts Nissan direct via Twitter AND Facebook this hot my fault escalated to the CEOs office support team within 2 hrs. They were great. The support from Wessex Nissan was abismal and poor beyond belief.
They had to be forced to do the work by Nissan - that is how it appears to me the customer anyway.

Good luck, be polite but direct on social media - it is public and almost instant.
Thanks.
Do you know what the series of fixes involved? We have this problem on a 2015 QQ, has been in once and still the problem persists. I don't think it is the wing mirror as a lot of the suggested fixes on this forum are already on our car, I have also tried taping up every gap/seal on the wing mirror with no success...

It is due back at the dealer next week but I'm not optimistic of a fix!
tonylambert30

Post by tonylambert30 »

hello there I work for Nissan the j11model does have a recall for wind noise from the drivers and passenger wing mirror area