Qashqai automatic gearbox

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Louisretired72
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Louisretired72 »

Hi I have Qashqai automatic for 5 years. from new. At 3 years the gear box failed. Sevice agent said it was under warranty and replaced it free. Now 2 years ahead reverse gear is not working and it is not covered under warrant probably need new box. Please advise me if there is an inherent fault with this unit which is petrol.Have others had this problem and is there anyway Nissan will pay.
louisretire72

david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

How many miles have you done?
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
duncho

Post by duncho »

Ask for Nissan Goodwill if CVT needs to be replaced.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Nissan USA:

First, to provide you with additional assurance regarding your overall cost of ownership we have doubled the warranty period for the Continuously Variable Transmission in your Nissan. The existing powertrain warranty coverage of 5 years/60,000 miles will be extended at no cost to you, for CVT repairs, replacements or related towing, to 10 years/120,000 miles, whichever comes first.

What chance do you have of Nissan UK doing the same? In fact what are the chances they will match the original 5 year/ 60k miles warranty?

http://nissanassist.com/ProgramDetails.php