A few questions for you

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
jevs
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by jevs »

Hi, new to the forum so please be gentle with me.

I'm going to be getting a second hand Qashqai in the near future and need some advice from you experts.

I'll have a budget of up to £14,000 so that will give me a decent car. I'll be looking at under 30k miles and probably get it via a dealer.

However, i've been seeing the 1.2 petrol version seems quite popular. I was always looking at a 1.6 to give that extra oomph when needed but i'm not sure now. Is the 1.2 powered ok?

Secondly, having driven a manual for the past 35 years, i was looking at an automatic. What are the automatic gearboxes like.

I'm also a gadget lover so need as many bells and whistles as possible

Lastly....petrol or diesel. I currently have a diesel van and although it's an old banger, i love the way it pulls so well at lower revs and its MPG I'm just concerned about any future taxation that the government slaps on diesel drivers.

Any help and advice on these or any other topics are very welcome

Cheers, Andy

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Welcome, Andy. The 1.2 is nice to drive and isn't bad on power, provided you give it some beans on motorways and hills. Unfortunately this has the effect of worsening fuel economy considerably. Many have reported 35mpg at best; your mileage of course will vary. The only other automatic is the 1.6 diesel, which has plenty of oomph, and economy on mine is around 52mpg. Due to disability I have driven automatics for years and I find the CVT in the QQ perfectly adequate.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Jevs and welcome. We have had a 1,2L Manual since Aug 14 and still loving the QQ, if you are looking for the „Bells & Whistles“ then go for the Tekna as this has sufficient Toys to play with. We have had the usual teething problems with this then New J11A model but luckily everything was put right by our Dealer.
The Motor is Nice for normal around town or even Autobahns for us, very quite and nippy if you keep the revs up for the Turbo. We are not Petrol useage orientated we just drive it, but we do record it and it is around 40mpg. As Hound mentioned we did notice it was a little down on power in the hilly areas of Munich nothing major but adequate if the gearbox was used. So our decision was if and when we purchase the new J11B it will be a 1,6L.
IMHO when you read all the negatives about Diesels now I would stick with a petrol before that also becomes an issue.
Hopefully you make the right decision and enjoy your QQ - Dave ;)

We have added a few extra Accessories outside and inside also to ours :

5B454E69-E212-4A83-8315-A8F693478C15.jpeg

7908F684-20F2-4C86-AB4D-D8775922269B.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
m.scott

Post by m.scott »

Hi Jevs
I had a 2014 QQ Acenta Premium 1.2 petrol Manual. I had it for 3 year and 3 months with 22000 miles. During the summer I averaged 43.2 MPG and went down to 42.9 during the winter months. I felt as long as you were in the right gear then the 1.2 engine was fine but I was constantly changing gear. My son lives 1.5 miles away and I counted that I changed gear 34 times. 2 sets of lights, 2 round about, 4 speed humps and numerous corners and my ankle ached by the time I got there but that was the arthritis in my ankles. Otherwise the car was fine. I sold the car to Evans Halshaw for £11200 and then got a discount for a new QQ Tenka 1.2 petrol automatic with no PX.
I've only done 750 mile in my new car and getting 39.2 mpg. I find it drives much smoother than the manual and to me the ride and cornering is better in the latest QQ compared to the previous model.
I've not had a diesel model so could not comment. Buying new the diesel is more expensive and as I only average 6 to 7000 miles a year then it was not worth paying the extra but it would appear that second hand diesels are cheaper on the forecourt than petrol engine ones
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Nothing wrong with the 1.5dci at all, just be looking to get at least a late 2015 model to keep up to date with the Euro standards.
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

I'd suggest you have a test drive where you can go on dual carriageways or motorways, if oomph is what you want then the 1.2 might not be what you are after. If you don't mind playing tunes on the gearbox then it'll be fine. Around town the buzzy engine is perfectly ok as long as u keep the revs over 1500 as below that you could be caught out. You cannot do sudden overtakes either, it needs planning else again you could find yourself with ur foot to the floor and not a lot happening.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)