Am I just unlucky?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
psmith83

Post by psmith83 »

Opinions if you don't mind.

I bought a 2015 QashQai in January 2016 so have had it almost two years now. In that time I have been into the garage 5 times with various problems from air con running out shortly after I bought it despite it not being used all the way to starter motor hanging off and breaking other bits. I have been driving 17 years now and have had at least 7 cars and I don't think I have taken all cars combined to the garage more than I have this one. I am just unlucky or is there issues with QashQai's?

Yesterday a system fault came up around the start/stop during a journey and it's still there this morning so another trip to the garage looks likely. With all the problems I am having I am just considering getting rid of the car and moving on but do I consider another QashQai? When the car is working it is great but the inconvieience of all these issues are putting me off.

What are everyone's thoughts?

chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

If it's a FIAMM battery (should say FIAMM on it), then they are known to go bad after a couple of years and should be changed free of charge under warranty. They use Mitsubishi batteries now.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
psmith83

Post by psmith83 »

Thanks Chris, i'll take a look at the battery and see what it is. Still doesn't make up for all the other issues though!
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Starter motor hanging off is a new one. Air con does go wrong if you don't use it because the seals don't get lubrication and degrade; there's also a known issue with the condenser getting damaged. The Fiamm battery is known to affect stop/start and cause error messages when voltage isn't at its prime. What other problems did you have?
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
psmith83

Post by psmith83 »

Yea starter motor was interesting. Bolts holding it together came away but I was accused of taking the car to another garage and them not fitting them properly. Ment the drive shafts and gearbox had to be taken out and no courtesy car available for the two week repair.

I'm hoping I have had all the known ones. So far it has been air con twice, parking sensors, start / stop, squeaky steering wheel and starter motor so actually six visits, seven with the service.

Now the start stop again. Battery is in fact a FIAMM so hopefully that is the explanation but you can understand my frustration hence why I am thinking it's best to get rid of it.
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

chrisw99 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:04 am If it's a FIAMM battery (should say FIAMM on it), then they are known to go bad after a couple of years and should be changed free of charge under warranty. They use Mitsubishi batteries now.

They are still using FIAMM batteries, even in the facelifted J11B! The battery in mine was manufactured in August 2017...

D5A90349-F859-448B-94C4-BD18DCBA3F4C.jpeg

Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)