QQ Headlight Bulbs

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
GunmetalQashqai

Post by GunmetalQashqai »

Hi i have an 2017 Nissan QQ N Vision with the same lights as the one in the Tekna does anyone know what bulbs go into these the whole set headlights, dipped beam, main beam and if its possible i want to put them into a N-Connecta Model of the same year would that be possible??
2017(66) Reg Gun Metallic 1.2 DIG-T N Vision- Spare Wheel Kit- Mudflaps- Chrome Sill Protectors.(SOLD OCTOBER 2018) Now GLC 250 AMG Line Premium Plus.
2016(66) Reg Gun Metallic 1.2 DIG-T Tekna X Tronic- Spare Wheel Kit-Chrome Sill Protectors.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I don’t know which models have which bulbs as standard, and it’s even more complicated now that Nissan offers upgrades at the time of ordering, but if your car uses standard bulbs then that’s all you can use, you can’t use the new LED bulbs. Similarly if your car uses LEDs then they are not interchangeable. The reason for this is the reflector inside the headlight unit is shaped differently according to the bulbs used. It may be possible to find aftermarket bulbs that can be fitted into the wrong reflector and they may work, but they could well be illegal for road use and in most cases be extremely dangerous to other road users. Not worth the risk. Stick to what the car was built to use.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

The Tekna has integrated, all-LED front lights, so I assume you ordered the LED pack with your N-Vision. As they are factory-fit only you won't be able to add the same setup to a pre-existing N-Connecta, unless you can persuade Nissan to sell you the LED headlight assemblies at enormous expense. And as gvmdaddy says, trying to add aftermarket LED bulbs to headlights designed for halogen bulbs isn't a good idea either. Uprate the N-Connecta with some Osram NightBreakers or similar.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic